Confused and Frustrated

Dirkyd

First of all hi everyone, Im new here obviously and I apologize if this is posted under the wrong forum and that its long, not sure where exactly to put it. Anyways Im in kind of a confusing and frustrating situation with a friend of mine. Weve only really started becoming really good friends about 2 months ago but almost right off the bat there was something there. Well I guess Ill summarize the situation, I like her, Im pretty sure she likes me too, but shes been hurt in the past and is scared to let anyone close and she feels she doesnt deserve anyone like me (this was told to me by a mutual friend of ours, aka. her best friend). Well the situation is a little more complex than just that, theres another guy in the pic, a guy Ive known for quite sometime and hes a big player (In fact I spent 6 months talking another female friend through a year and a half worth of crap from being involved with him). Well she told me about this and well she doesnt know what she wants and is really confused, this I know both from her and other people. Well hes already talked to her about hooking up but they decided to wait it out, or whatever, but I nkow shes still has been entertaining the thought, they still flirt back and forth. But he lives 6 hours away and I see her about everyday, but weve been becoming better friends and growing closer and hanging more and then recently things started to get weird, I was getting frustrated cause I could tell she was kind of pulling away, and well now things are really confusing and frustrating and shes been distant. I just want to give up on it but at the same time I dont. I know shes confused and I know that this other guy isnt what shes looking for, in fact she doesnt know him that well, hes more the easy fun route for her right now. Hes the risk free route. Plus I know shes scared. Im thinking of pursuing this one, but its new for me, usually Id just give up on it, but this time Im not so sure. Just if anyone has any advice out there it would be much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this.