Breaking up and hooking up

So we and my girlfriend today was our one year annivarsy. We have been having some problems and we both agreed that it would be best for both of us that we just break up. Also their is this girl that I have started talking to for the past couple weeks or so. I kinda like her and that and my ex-girlfriend told me that she asks her one friend about me a lot. I was wondering if I should wait and see what happens between me and my ex that just broke up today, or should I just go after this other girl. I don't know if she likes me for sure but the way she acts seems like she kind of does. Should I wait a while see how this break up goes and wait on this other girl or what? I was talking to my ex about it and she I asked why she brought it up if she was jelous or what and she said no. Is she just saying that or what should I do?

When I was on Officer training my sergeant told us "Gears before Beers" after any exercise. He meant "Tidy your gear up before you party". I apply that theory to lots of things, you need to tidy up your heart, your emotions, and who you are as a single individual before you can seriously contemplate connecting with someone else.

What do you want from this other girl? A relationship? if so, whats your motivation?

again, i agree with moto. youre so used to your ex. i dont think it would be very good if you accidentally called the new girl your old girl's name : ) apart from her name, im sure youre used to ALOT of things she does for you, and somewhat dependent. you probably shouldnt go into the relationship assuming shes going to be any particular way. perhaps you should take a breather for a sec, and in doing so also give you more time to get to know the new girl. and im sure the new girl wouldnt be so cool if she found out you broke up with your ex so recently.

well me currently being in her possition shes just sayin that. if ur not happy wit ur ex and ur thinking about being with this other girl then that means that you really dont want to be with ur ex. my only advice is to figure out wat u really want and think about how u would feel if she started goin out with another guy and just think it through and if u decide to go out with the other girl well then slowly break it down to ur ex

Yeah, I want a realtionship with her. Me and my ex never had a great realtionship I think we could of had. I want a good working relationship with her. There is still a weird feeling in me about all of this. I don't know if i miss my ex or what it is really. I have no idea what i should do or if i should wait and see if this break up is temporary and she will miss me and we can work it out or if its offical.

well me currently being in her possition shes just sayin that. if ur not happy wit ur ex and ur thinking about being with this other girl then that means that you really dont want to be with ur ex. my only advice is to figure out wat u really want and think about how u would feel if she started goin out with another guy and just think it through and if u decide to go out with the other girl well then slowly break it down to ur ex

I see what your saying here. I would get kind of jelous if she went out with someone else right now. I think she is kinda jelous and won't admit as well. I still have feeling for her but then when I remember everything that I didn't like in the relationship I wanta move on.