Tryin to get over my ex-gf

Sholder

Couldn't sleep, so I sat down and typed this out. Lemme know what you think.

You're drooping with sadness and I don't know why

Looking back, you're the one who made me cry.

You said it was love and you said that it mattered

But the things you did left me alone and shattered.

I torture myself with thoughts of you

I can't sleep at night, don't know what to do

I filled you with love and poured my heart in

You returned the favor with ultimate sin

I thought of a future, I hoped for a life

One where I'd end up with you at my side

I gave you my faith and all of my trust

You pulled out the rug, I fell to the dust

I see your face still, I remember your touch

I can hear your voice, it's all too much

And while I miss the time we spent together

I know we're not right, and we're done forever

I'm left full of questions, I just don't know

After all that you hurt me, why did you go?

I guess I misjudged her, I was wrong the whole time

I thought she was wonderful, just a fantasy in my mind

Looking outside now, clouds sit with pouring rain

The world's crying for me, I can't, nothing inside remains

I'll move on in time, I'll find another dream

I just hope I'm smarter now, nothing's as it seems

Thanks.

That is really touching. Man, Im facing the same dilemma with my gf. She says she needs space and was quite quick to detach herself from me. Be yourself, dont break down, she knows you love her and she probly just needs to chill for a while. Time will heal everything ,be a dawg and dont get hung up on it. You gotta be a player and hold your ground, if not she is gonna walk all over you, not have that respect for you, and take advantage, even though you dont think so. She knows you care. Try what I am gonna try, let her come to you. Stop the phone calls, the poems to her, the letters, the showing up for a while. She will soon wonder what's up? This is when the game goes to you and you have the ball in YOUR court. When she does come to you play it cool, dont flip on her, women dont need to be criticized or hurt. As much as we dont understand them, they have the same feelings as us and sometimes they just need their space and time alone. Come time, when she does come back, play cool and be her friend. She will need this. Talk with her at first maybe and if things seem to be getting better maybe invite her out as friends. DO NOT bring up anything about the past, this hurts, she wont wanna here it either. I dont know man, im dealing with the same situation. I am gonna try to detach myself, give her space, and see if I really was everything that she said I was to her. It will all work out.

Yeah, I've been dealin with this for a while. We've been really broken up for 2 months now, and I talked to her as friends for a while, but I couldn't handle it. Each time we talked, she had to bring up problems with this ex-boyfriend/best friend guy (who she cheated with on me), so I told her I just didn't want to deal with it. I stopped talking to her, she came crawling back. I refused to give in, and she says that I'm hurting her now. I just want my space. And on top of it, I can't stop thinking of her, even though I know I would never get back together with her, knowing what I know now. It's tough, but it's getting better. I mean, this is the hard part, right? Good luck to you, thanks for your comments.