Cant play anymore

SuzieB

Hey, basically, the guy I was seeing for the past 3 weeks proceeded to do the NC on me and I didnt see it coming! I know that is an easy way out of avoiding an uncomfortable conversation of why it isnt working out, but my goodness! All of a sudden, he quit calling (he was calling everyday) and quit e-mailing. I feel so rejected and stupid. I can't play the games that dating requires. I usually am not interested in men that are interested in me. Men that I am interested in may date me for a while and then I get crapped on. My last 3 relationships have been very unhealthy and left me feeling drained and insecure. I would rather not date anyone than to have to get hurt like this. Does anyone else out there feel like they are bad at the dating game? Is anyone else sitting at home on a Saturday night and pissed off? ](*,)

I think people are actually attracted to mystery and it is easy to be mysterious with someone you are NOT interested in. That would explain why people whom you are not interested in are so attracted to you. However, my feelings are written all over my face...when I am pissed, sad, excited, happy, nervous, etc.....so when I like someone I am sure I am smiling too much are act too happy....obviously no mystery there! So, my look when I am not interested would be the "indifferent" face. Boys must like that...especially the ones who I don't want. Dating is so frustrating! Thanks for the comments!

I hate dating too. With a passion.

But all i figure is just be yourself, keep an open mind, be respectful and give people a chance. It may end up solving a lot of your problems. Dosn't mean you have to "settle: but it may mean you're jumping to certain conclusions before you should be.

Hi Suzie -- how about the "shopping for a car" analogy? If a salesperson pushes a particular car too hard the customer isn't going to want it. They'll assume that there is something wrong with it. It makes sense -- why else would the salesperson want to sell it so badly? A salesperson that treats the same car as "really nice -- but maybe out of your price range" might have a better chance of selling it.