How to cope with the loss of a friend, and how do I tell my parents?

Hey as many of you know I recently lost one of my friends. The cause of his death is unsure but he was complaining of headaches then collapsed and never regain consciousness. My gues would be a brain hemerage or something.

First point is how do I cope with the loss of this friend. I find myself sitting staring into space for hours on end (longest has been 7 hours). I just can't believe he is gone, and always finding myself crying. He had a high internet presance and there has been a heart warming testimonial to his life, and a thoughfull passage written by his parents.

I also have the problem of telling my parents he is dead. They never knew him, but its the fact I find it hard to talk to my parents about anything that involves emotion. And they know something is wrong as I took the day off school. My mum thinks either I have an STD or got someone pregnant, and my dad thinks im getting bullied. How do I break the news to them that actualy one of my friends is dead and something much more serious than they think has happened.

Thanks for any advice

Jon

surely to tell your parents exactly what youve told us would be best. Perhaps thats not so easy in your situation. I've never lost anyone dear to me like yourself so i cant tell what youre going through but I do have fairly staunch unemotional parents. Do you think they would react badly if you told them??

Just because they never knew your friend doesn't mean they'll be any less understanding of your loss.

You need to be honest about this to them. They can be there for you and support you- help you get through this. They know somethings up and they care for you- they are your parents! Give them a chance to understand.