Eye contact epiphany!!!

ladeedah

Tell me if this makes sense...if a guy is not interested in you, and you come over and talk to him, he will look at you a bit 20% and 80% of the time be scanning the room as if he is bored, if a guy likes you but is shy he will look at you 5% if your lucky and at the floor 95% of the time. Does this make sense? I'd also like your input on how much eye contact a shy guy can actually make when he is around a girl he likes...Thank you!

The level of eye contact someone is comfortable with is personal, depends on many different factors and the situation. It is possible to flirt by giving someone a "look" but I don't think it's possible to tell if someone is interested simply by the amount of eye contact they use. I think you're right that a shy person might generally make less but as to if they look down or around, that could be random.

There's this guy I really like and whenever he looks at me or is talking to me -I know I should make significant eye contact with him - but I get so nervous that I end up scanning the room or looking at the floor. I know the reason I do this is because 1. I don't know if he is interested in me and I don't want him to think I'm a freak. 2. If I look at him while he's looking and talking with me, I feel like he's looking at my face and scanning all my flaws.

Eye contact, in my opinion, doesn't guarentee that the person likes you as much as it's merely someone being friendly or giving the go-ahead to talk. It isn't always the best indication of whether or not someone is into you.

I don't know if you could really statistically determine how much eye contact particular people make. But, most who are deamed shy do tend to make little to no direct eye contact, whether it is with someone they have a thing for or otherwise.