do i really love him?

steff

ok, you all know about james, who i have always said 'i love' and have loved for 3 years. you all know how sweet, caring, gental, conciderate he is, however, i now have a problem.

ok, i have just finished my high school education, which means i no longer see my friends each and every day, and of late ive been finding that i havent been thinking and obsessing about james as much. like i used to think about james every minute of the day when at school, and be soo happy around him. today we spent two hours on the phone together just talking, which was really nice, but things just dont seem to be the same.

i guess what i am asking you is, did i only think i loved him while i was at school because we were always together, or is it normal to slow down on the obession you have with someone after a while? should i still attempt to find out if he likes me, and if so go out with him, and let the love start all over again... his a really sweet guy, but i have been trying to talk myself out of loving him of late (if that makes sense)

please tell me what i should do???? any help is greatly appreashiated

i guess what i am asking you is, did i only think i loved him while i was at school because we were always together, or is it normal to slow down on the obession you have with someone after a while?

It's very true that the intensity in the beginning of a relationship does fade with time. I also believe that it's not all together a bad thing. It's important to be able to focus on other aspects of our lives. You just got out of school. That's a big milestone. You are in the process of forging your future as an adult.... is it any wonder that you aren't as focused on this guy?

Well Steff, i just sent you a private message, and then i looked to see what you have been posting, so I guess I will try to give you some advise. Actually, I really dont know what in the world to tell you. If I were in your situation, I would FOLLOW MY HEART. In my relationship, I would have to say that i dont get all of the butterflies anymore and its a more mellow relationship now. I have been with my boyfriend for a year and 3 months, things seem to slow down after a while, if you know what I mean. Just follow your heart girl!