"I'll call you..."

So tonite a bunch of us went to the movies and it was real freakin cold outside and in the car so on the ride over and the ride back the three of us in the back kind of did a huddle of sorts. On the ride to the theater, my arm was just kind of around the shoulder of this girl but on the ride back she was totally snug within my arms. She didn't seem to mind this. So I walk with her towards her dorm and put my arm around her shoulder and ask her if she wanted to go for coffee with me on Monday. she asked me what time and I told her whenever you're free. She told me that she didn't know but that she would call me. I'm not overly excited because she didn't say yes however I'm curious as to how many of you think the "I'll call you" is a nice way of saying "no" and how many of you think otherwise.

Don't say "whenever you're available". Even if you don't know when she is available, offer a time.

"How about 9 AM?"

"I have a class between 9-10, but I am free at 8!"

That's a good sign there. When you let her leave with "I'll call you" then now you are at the mercy of the situation and must wait for her. That sucks.