WomackC706

Hey!

I have been taking Yasmin birth control pills for about 2 years. My fiance and I have ALWAYS used those pills and spermicidal condoms to ensure that we don't have any unexpected situations pop up. Before taking these pills, I could go 6 months without a period and then have one for a solid month. I mean I was extremely irregular with my periods. These pills have helped soooooooo much! And no mood swings, but anyway. I have taken these pills at the same time very single day. When my periods come, they are usually at the same time of the week and generally for the same about of days. This month, I have not gotten my period. My fiance and I haven't had sex in about 3 weeks. I am kind of worried because I have been taking the pills when I am supposed to without missing a single one, and we have been using condoms. Do you think that my body may have become 'immune' to the pills --meaning used to the pills and has gone back to my old period pattern? I took two pregnancy tests and they were both very negative (no sight of the 'pregnancy' line at all). So, I am quite sure that I am not pregnant. I am just worried about my health. Do you think that I could be 'broke' --not able to have any children?

Thanks!

It's quite normal for some women to "miss" a period while on birth control pills. The thing with "periods" while on BC is that they are not true periods as you are not ovulating, and sometimes due to stress, or illness or who knows what else, they don't happen.

If your tests have been negative, I would not worry about pregnancy then unless you miss another period. If you do miss another one, contact your doctor.

I don't think you are "broken".Chances are when you go OFF the pill your periods will go back to being irregular. This does not mean you are infertile, it just means it is harder to know when you are ovulating for example. However, there are several fertility drugs out there (Clomid for example) which will help improve your fertility chances. Chances are also good you WILL be regular as it is normal to be irregular when younger and to have things work themselves out later on.

I am almost 22 and, since being on the pill, things with my periods have become irregular. This was the first time that I had ever missed a period. I have been late before or it only last a day or 2, but never missed. I am hoping and praying that I get it. I mean I am only 2 days late, but it still concerns me.

I have been stressed out a great deal lately and I have been sick for about a week and a half. Could those also be factors?

Yes of course - stress and illness both affect your hormonal level and having a period. In older times, it was a survival mechanism to save the body's resources. If you are not eating well that can also effect it.

THANK YOU sooo much! I really appreciate your information and care. I wanted to let you know that my 'visitor' arrived today.... 3 days late and 2 PG tests later! But nonetheless, Aunt Flo is here!

Once again, thank you! You really made me feel so much better about the situation!!!!

Constance

THANK YOU sooo much! I really appreciate your information and care. I wanted to let you know that my 'visitor' arrived today.... 3 days late and 2 PG tests later! But nonetheless, Aunt Flo is here!

Once again, thank you! You really made me feel so much better about the situation!!!!

Constance

Anytime, and glad to hear it all worked out