Me and my boyfriend are on a break at the moment, I think it will be until around Christams time, but it could be before, it depends on how much we miss each other really! We only started this break this week and all week Ive been pestering him. I know now this was a bad idea. I am speaking to him now on MSN but after today I am going to have the NC rule, all wek. The thing is on Sunday we are ment to be going to a Christmas party, where children with diseases from MPS go and celebrate Christmas. He said he would come with me and the tickets have come know. Do you think it would be alright to have the NC rule for a week and then see each other at this Party.

We went on a break a couple of weeks back and it lasted 1 day because he missed me. So a week of NC would be hard for us both I think. But I think I can last this week if I know I can see him at the end of the week! Do you think this is OK?

Cheers!

Foxy

First, why are you and your boyfriend on a break? Are you doing anything to resolve the reason(s) for your separation while you actually are apart? And I don't understand why the two of you would need to break up if you have actual plans of getting back together. Regardless, I think it would be fine to have a week of NC and then go to the party. He already said he would go and you have tickets.

I think that it is ok. Except, there will always be times where you and your boyfriend might be bored. So don't decide to take a break every single time. There are ways around it.

You can still go see friends even when you are together. In fact it's good to. You can just plan an evening to see your friends and he can plan an evening to see his friends, without you two having to be on a break.

I think that you can avoid things getting boring by having lives outside of each other. Don't worry if you have to not see him one day just so you can see your friends. It's good to have to miss each other sometimes, especially if it's just for a day or a couple hours.

I think those are really good reasons to take a break. I wish I had been smart enough to do something like that when I was younger. So many times I lost myself because because I revolved my whole social life around the guy I was seeing. Big mistake. I agree with Lion-Guy, that there should be some ground rules so that your break is something that you are both comfortable with. Take your time apart and look forward to that party!

We were going to see our friends more and things like that, and then went on a break, but it didn't really work as we got back together almost straight away. This time though I think it is more serious and its got a bit worse, so without contact it would be better I think, making him wonder about me.