Which one? (needed by 7pm tomorrow...enrollment!)

I have two classes I need to take. Physics 2 and IE applied engineering statistics…both are offered at the same time this semester so I can only take one. I want to take the physics course in the spring because of the teacher is one of the better physics teacher at my college. Plus, I don’t know if the summer course will be a lot more work than the spring course. I need to take the statistics course and my advisor (head of the IE school) said it was offered in the summer as a 4 week course. It is listed that it is offered in summer, but I am paranoid that it won’t be offered. Which would you choose?

Would you pick a difficult class and take it with a teacher you enjoy and can understand, and risk not having a vital class (statistics) that is usually offered over the summer? Or would you take the statistics and have a stressful summer with physics with a teacher that is not as understandable?

I enroll tomorrow and I am stuck. I have seen an advisor about it and she did not help. The physics is a 8 week course and the statistics is a 4 week course...in summer that is.

If your advisor told you the statics course will be available in the summer, I would believe it then and wait. Sounds like you kinda wanna do that anyway. Definatley take a class you can understand the teacher better. I would believe that the summer course will be available if that's what they said.

Stats is generally a pretty big course, and they will HAVE to offer it in summer due to over-filled class, and the number of people whom flunk or drop it and have to take it again at a later date before they can enroll in other courses.

If she said it would be offered, it probably will be regularly offered in the summer for those reasons above.

I really don't think there is a risk in it not being offered if it says it is, and the head says it will be. Otherwise there would be a lot of people screwed over for the next year as they could not take the compulsory course for their program.

Hey.

Choosing college classes eh? As someone that is also in the engineering department in college, I highly recommend you take the Physic class with the good teacher.

How well you do in a college class depends on two things. How hard you study and how good the teacher is. Physics can be a tough class to some people, theres a lot of concepts to understand. You really want to make sure that you understand these physics concept if you are continuing on with engineering. Taking with a good teacher will not only make you understand it better, you'll probably get a higher grade.

Plus, if statistic is is listed in the summer course schedule, chances of them canceling it is pretty low.

Its summer! Don't waste your summer spending all your time trying to understand physics with a crappy professor. Have some fun.

Good luck.