How Do You Let Someone Go?

Hi Everyone,

I see a lot of people on the forum that need to let someone go from their life in order to move on themselves. I myself am in that situation at the moment, and am feeling it a bit hard to just disconnect someone that I really do care for.

I'm prompting a duscussion here really to find out what the best ways to do this are. Is total disconnection the only answer, or can there be a gradual move instead?

Charmed.

Absolutly...for bast results try total disconnection. However, as we have already talked aabout this, our cases mean that we see our ex's quite frequently (mine is with another man too!). You will need some seperation what ever you choose to do then one day you'll have to face being in the same room with her and I found pretending shes not there helps ease the pain until its bearable

I think total disconnection can work at times, try a new hobby and spend time with people who you are close to. If the person creeps into your thoughts, do something you enjoy. Time is the best healer. It took me 2 years to get over my ex, one day i woke up and i was free from thier hold. Just keep your head up and remember-you are in control of your life!!!!

I've done total disconnection before - and it is probably best isn't it. I think there are a few people that might be able to handle having the ex around, but you need to be a special type of strong to do it.

I am about to finish a professional relationship because of my emotional involvement. I feel bad as the other person, while got involved, certainly did not get as emotionally involved as I did. It took two to tango, but I really feel like a total disconnection is a really extreeme measure for me - considering that I am so responsible !!

Any advice guys ?!

Worried about her feelings still for some reason also.

Charmed.

I didn't do a total disconnect and it was a long 6 weeks. She actually treated me better once I have her space.

Thanks to disconnecting, I can accept it's totally over and although I miss her and think of her constantly, I don't grieve anymore.