drunken hook up w/ guy bud, now everything is messed, HELP!

Hey,

this is a little embarrassing but.... basically I got really drunk on a camping trip and ended up hooking up with one of my guy friends. We weren't best buds or anything, but we were friends. Anyways, afterwards I got freaked out and asked him not to tell anyone- we didn't go very far but I was a little overwhelmed and a little embarrassed, I didn't want anyone to know. He promised, and even though I knew there was a good chance he WOULD tell some of his buddies, I just decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best.

Unfortunately, obviously, he DID tell people, and when I got back to school two days later ALOT of people knew. It kinda sucked- worst of all, some peope knew a few intimate details and were adding their own spin... things got a little blown out of proportion. I was hurt, so I stopped talking to him very much.

It's been a little while and I'm over that fact that everyone knows- I'm still mad at him but mostly I'm mad that he's angry at me. I don't get what I ever did to HIM that could hurt him- any insight would be SOOO appreciated. He was my friend so I hate it that we're all angry with each other now.

Hey

Why were u embarrased? I mean, ppl get drunk all the time, unless this guy is an embarrassment 2 all. I just thought of something, lol, if u wanna b mean, why don't u start ur own stories?

Aiight that's enough of my evil thoughts 4 2day. Maybe u should ask him, why is he angry at u, and is he? it might just b u, since u're angry u might c things differently. And maybe u should've been nicer when things went crazy but there was definitely some fault in him 4 not seeing how affected u were over the whole thing so yup, he's a suckky friend.

It's hard 2 provide u an insight unless 2 sides of the stories are heard, that's why i recommend u ask him urself. It could b like a total misunderstanding, u neva kno.

hey people,

thanks for the help, sometimes its good to hear from someone other than a close friend who will say more than "he's a jerk thats why"

In response to a question- looking back I think I was MAINLY embarrassed because it was a drunken thing, and I "drank too far" or something like that. I've had a few friends get themselves into huge messes with alcohol so I've always stayed (mostly) away from it. And yeah, I should've tried to talk to him after it happened- atleast then I'd have a better idea of where he stood.

Anyways, thanks for your replies!