committment problems?

I am having the hardest time ever! I really like this guy and he acts towards me that he likes me back and has recently been talking to me under anonymous names over yahoo. Well, I found out and got angry and felt that I wasn't good enough for him to talk to in real life. He works with me and I think tried to show me that he did care for me because afterwards he was extremely flirtatious and nice to me. I stopped talking to him in all and now he thinks that I hate him. I can't get him out of my mind and I don't know what to say to him because I already confessed my feelings for him when i told him off for something, so I was kinda yelling at him, and he denied knowing anything about it. He is giving me mixed signals either he is too shy to start it or doesn't want to go out with me. I don't know what to think and I am terribly afraid to speak to him about it because I'm afraid of the feelings I have for him and the fact that he could easily deny it again. I am never able to get in relationships I think that I have a committment problem and I am a girl. Should I just not be afraid and tell him how I feel or should I just hold all of this back and wait for him to tell me the truth? I'm so confused and it is killing me.I need some advice QUICK!