When is the right time?....

This girl and I went out last weekend to a movie...well we really hit it off like made out and stuff....her friends approve of me (which i hear is a pretty big thing with you women lol)....her parents approve....she went to my recent football game...and i went over to her house tonight...we...um...well...lol "watched" a movie...just kinda sporatically making out on and off throughout whenever the time seemed right...then we had this thing where it got really dark and we went out to her hammock in the backyard....lol yeah you guessed it pretty much made out there....but i mean the whole thing wasn't making out...it was enjoying each others company cause she was like "i don't want you to leave"......k well i'll be honest...i really like this chick, but her dating history has been not "unfaithful" but she's been with A LOT of guys before and still kinda flirts with them...but all she does in her school according to her friends is talk about me and how i'm a good kisser and they all say she likes me...but when they ask her if i'm her boyfriend she says no......now thats where my question comes in....1. Does being bf/gf only happen if its like verbally asked or something? 2. If she doesn't say i'm her bf...does that mean she's still considered single? 3. When do y'all think is a good time to ask her to be my gf if i seriously need to come out and say it regardless of how much we say/feel we like each other.

P.S. How does it sound like i'm doing so far? Just curious cause sometimes you get some interesting responses

Thanks