A poem I wrote for my kitty <3

Hello everyone. I made a topic the other day about my cat passing away. Thank you for everyone who replied. I am still really sad. I'm starting to feeling a little better I suppose. Not really better but I'm starting to accept the fact that she is gone. I wrote a poem though and I wanted to share it..

Snoopy

I watched you as your life was fading away

There was nothing I could do, or nothing I could say

Hearing you cry brought tears to my eyes

It's been three days and I'm lost without you

I feel like no one really understands

You were my best friend

Now you're my little angel

I will always love you.

Thanks guys! Yeah I'm trying to get myself together. I haven't even gone to work all week. But I'm going to try to go back tomorrow. It's just so friggin hard. I miss her a great deal. I know time will help. I'm almost done with her scrapbook too. I'm going to put the poem in there also.

I think that's a beautiful idea! Having those memories close to you will help you heal. I still miss Wiener in immeasurable amounts and always will, but I surround myself with his pictures and as silly as it may sound, I say good night to him every night. You know, even if he had lived to be 100, it still would have been too soon for me to let go and I'm sure you feel the same way about Snoopy.

I think that's a beautiful idea! Having those memories close to you will help you heal. I still miss Wiener in immeasurable amounts and always will, but I surround myself with his pictures and as silly as it may sound, I say good night to him every night. You know, even if he had lived to be 100, it still would have been too soon for me to let go and I'm sure you feel the same way about Snoopy.

Aww I have been doing the same thing. I have a picture of her I put on my wall next to my bed..I kiss it everynight and say goodnight. And before I go to bed I get a chair and put it by her grave and sit there talking to her crying for an hour. I also have been sleeping w/ her favorite toy. My mom is really worried she wants to take me to a psyciatrist

I was wandering around the forums and saw your posting. I'm really sorry about your cat. I hope you're not listening to anyone that has some pretty negative views on how YOU should be coping. I think your dad for example, if he had been as close to your kitty as you were, (ie: allowing himself to get close - which by his actions he didn't), then he'd probably be just as upset.

I have two cats...a mum (11 yrs) and son (10 yrs). The son (and another kitty) were actually born on my bed 10 years ago, so I am NOT looking forward to them aging and passing on.

From reading what you said and how bad you feel for leaving and then your kitty passing away 5 minutes later, I'm wondering something... okay, it may sound corny, but I believe this could be true: Do you think your kitty, knowing you were so upset, couldn't leave you until she knew you were gone? Maybe that was her gift to you...so you didn't have to witness that.

I hope you are doing O K. I know you'll be sad for a while, but I want to challenge you to do this when you feel a bit better... - Go to an SPCA (animal shelter) to just see all of the animals that need a loving home to go to and adopt one. Your actions will save another kitty (or dog's) life and loving them will be the best present you could give (and they could receive). I guarantee it will also help in your grieving process. You won't ever replace the love you had for your other cat, but you will continue to show this love to another that needs it.

Take care,