To those who are suffering breakups...

I just wanted to send a note of encouragement to those who are going through breakups, everything from loving that person and not imagining life without them to having no contact with the person you love. To all those who were dumped, cheated on, used, etc... There is light at the end of the tunnel, whatever is happening to you is MEANT to happen. One door closes and another one opens. You will meet someone better, someone you click with. Someone who won't cheat one you. Someone who will LOVE you and not leave you. The reason I'm posting this is because I was dumped a couple of months ago by my first everything after 2 years. She ripped my heart out, then went back to her ex, whom she despised the whole time we dated. So I thought the world was over, there is nobody like her, what am I going to do? Everyone said get over her and meet someone else. That is what I have done. I have my first date in 2 years tomorrow night, with a nice girl. This is very hard for me, I'm extremely shy and too nice of a guy. But she must see something in me to have talked to me for 2 hrs on the phone tonight. We talked an hour the night before. I actually met her throught my ex, but she is not friends with her anymore. She has the same values and morals I do. Older and more mature. Everything my ex did not have, that I overlooked. Maybe you are overlooking things too? I've only been talking to her for a week now, just to see what happens, and even if it doesn't go anywhere, it shows that I can move on and meet better people. You can too. Your ex's are not all that. That is why they are ex's, you weren't meant to be. So give yourself time to go through your mourning period, you will get that spark back to meet someone new, and you will forget all about your ex. You will start to see all the bad things about them. I am questioning why I wasted 2 years of my time and money, losing my dignity and self respect and also losing something very special to my ex if you know what I mean. This period of realization can happen to you too, take it slow and everything will be okay. Well, I hope this helps some who are going through tough breakups, I was there a while back, click on my username and read my posts. I'm sure it's a similar pattern that you are following. Stay strong!

Later,

cobro

Hi Cobro

Nice post. Very positive! I can empathise with a lot of what you talk about. Last night I had my first 'proper date' since my ex. It was good for me, although it was a weird experience. I found myself trying not to be too interested (self defence mechanism probably due to being hurt), but that only seemed to intrigue this woman even more...go figure!!

The other thing was comparing her to my ex. I found myself missing her like crazy while i was with this new woman. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? It's new to me, and it made me feel a little guilty, because this woman is a very sweet person.