Met a guy online, does he like me?

I've been talking to a guy I've met on the net for a while now, we first met on a forum of a host. We then discovered that we both owned a graphic site and so we decided to be partner sites. Since his site was very new, I just wanted to help him so we'd end up talking graphics and design everyday until midnight. (He's 16 by the way)

After a month we started talking more about our lives than web design, and I think I've gotten to know him really well. He admits that I'm the only one that he's been open about on the net. Lately, he's been acting a bit unusual, and I think he's hinting something.. I don't know for sure if he likes me, but I really do like him. We live about an hour away from each other and he's been using this excuse to get me to visit.. There's a really large mall near his place (largest mall in the province), and I've always wanted to go there. Does he just want to try and be good friends, cause I've helped him so much with the site? Or does he think of me as I think of him?

I really do want to meet him, he is truly a nice and sweet guy. But since I'm only 14, I'm not sure how to get to his place with out one of my parents driving me there. Thing is.. my parents would totally freak if they found out. Any help or advice would be appreciated ^_^

cyber relationships coming out of the internet are extremely dangerous.

Unlike those other cyber relationships.

Anyway, I'm going to play the dad here and say that 14 is too young for something like this. There are a lot of sexual predators out there disguised as teens that seek young teens. The world is a crazy place nowadays.

For your safety, I would get to know this kid a lot better before considering meeting him. And even then, I think you should do a webcam thing and see who it is, because photos aren't foolproof.

If you ever do decide to meet him, go with someone else.. like a friend of yours. Just be careful, because you never know in today's world who can be posing as who online.

Most importantly, think about what you do before you do it.

hehe thank you guys for your advice.

I'm quite sure that he's not a kidnapper or anthing like that, the proof is his website and forum. Hard to imagin some kidnapper paying for a domain and hosting each month just to trick someone. There's a lot more and I could go on forever. We've also talked alot and I do know him pretty well.

Even at my age, when dealing with people for business matters, like if I was ordering something from an independent seller, I ALWAYS talk to the person on the phone before buying the item (like Ebay). I've gotten scammed a couple times because I wasn't being extra sure who it was.

The same thing applies to meeting new people. Don't assume anything until you really do know who it is. Start talking on the phone, invest in a webcam.

And you'd be surprised how slick some people are out there to be criminals.

hehe thank you guys for your advice.

I'm quite sure that he's not a kidnapper or anthing like that, the proof is his website and forum. Hard to imagin some kidnapper paying for a domain and hosting each month just to trick someone. There's a lot more and I could go on forever. We've also talked alot and I do know him pretty well.

you know they say ted bundee was the nicest neighbor

anyways sounds like you have already decided to do what you want to do, make sure to bring some pepper spray, or mase if you can find some.

• 1 month later...