Flirting - what next?

albatross

I have been divorced 4 years - my x left me for another woman.

I am falling for someone at work. I would appreciated your opinions (I think I already know what your answers will be (lol). This man

1. Always comments/compliments me on how I am dressed. Told me how he liked my hairstyle as it made me look younger

2. Just told me that he "enjoys flirting with me" (I love it too) and that I am looking 'good'.

3. He blushes in my company

4. Always makes eye contact with me.

I was married over 20 years and have spent time alone getting over my divorce (which I now am). People have told me I am 'glowing' - would he know how I feel. I have been out of the 'game' for such a long time that I don't want to make a fool of myself and get hurt in the process.

It all feels like a drug and I am getting more and more addicted. however I am not sure about a relationship with a guy from work in case it doesn't work out.

I am finding it harder and harder to restrain myself, and its a battle I feel like I am losing, but he makes me feel wonderful. Neither of us have done anything else but flirt, but these last few weeks, I feel things have changed and the chemistry has been ignited. My feelings are overwhelming me.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Help.

Albatross,

Getting involved with a co-worker is a very dicey situation, to say the least. Should you two become involved you will need to keep your work conversations, appearances, and interactions purely civil and platonic -- no flirting in public, no hugging, no kissing. Just keep it professional. Now, should things not work out then you have a bigger situation on your hands. Do you work directly with him? Is it a small company? Will it hinder your performance to be in a physical relationship with him and then have to see him every day after that? Just questions to ponder.

I do understand the fact that your coworkers see you as "glowing" because last night I was with my girlfriend at her floor in the hospital (she's a RN for a children's hospital) and all of her coworkers said that she's been beaming and "glowing" ever since she started going with me. Your countenance does change, I agree, and my gf was once married and divorced 4 years ago as you were. Her coworkers said they've never seen her so happy and her countenance so bright

Any idea why he hasn't asked you out yet?

Do you work directly with him or is there some way you could "buffer" the work situation? Say, if you work in different departments...something like that just in case it doesn't work out. THe last thing you want is a problem ex messing with your job.