He's Shy and So Am I!

I am interested in a guy who is painfully shy. I am pretty sure that he is interested, but he won't make a move and I am just as shy. He doesn't live in the same town, but we have the same friends and he often comes into town to hang out or see a show.

I made a move once when he was in town about 6 months ago, but I was pretty drunk. I took him home with me, well, I kinda pulled him home with me. But he had been letting me drag him around all night. Nothing happened though. We just slept in the same bed with our clothes on. I was really drunk, and I do not normally do this. I have never taken someone home with me that I wasn't dating. He reprimanded me the next morning and told me that I should be more careful.

He was in town again this weekend and hung out with me all night. We don't talk a lot, but I like that. I am a quiet person. He slept at my house on the floor.

I need advice. I like him a lot, but I am embarrassed about my behavior the first time we hung out. I don't think he will make a move. I feel like he just waits around for me to take action, but I am just as shy as he is.

What should I do?

P.S. He is also a childhood friend of my ex-boyfriend, who is the only person I have ever been in a serious relationship with. I know a lot about the him from my ex, and I am pretty sure that he knows a lot about me from the same person, even though we have never talked about it.

He reprimanded me the next morning and told me that I should be more careful.

I don't think I've ever been reprimanded by a guy I brought home.... actually, I've had a few make comments, but you know what, those all turned out pretty badly.

You didn't actually do anything, except sleep, and you said he is a friend, so I don't see what the big deal is....

Are we sure that he's really shy, and maybe just not interested in you? If he's so shy that he can't make a move on a girl that clearly likes him and he likes her, I think he's got some problems.

Do you think that you are unapproachable? Unaccesible? Unfriendly? I bet that you've done plenty to make this guy feel comfortable. If, after all of that, he still doesn't bite, maybe he just doesn't like you in that way...

Oh I had to do something crazy to get with my current bf. We were both very shy and could only talk when we were drunk or whatever. Well one time he asked me out when he was on some crazy pills and didn't remember it even happened. So I became very uncomfortable around him after that. But friends let me know he still wanted to be with me. So one night he was at a party where I was and this one girl said if I didn't go after him then she would so I had to make my move, after about 6 beers I just went up to him and said "ok, do you like me?" he nodded and the kising began. We have been together for two and a half years. I say just jump on the situtation, if it's ment to be it will happen.

Oh I had to do something crazy to get with my current bf. We were both very shy and could only talk when we were drunk or whatever. Well one time he asked me out when he was on some crazy pills and didn't remember it even happened. So I became very uncomfortable around him after that. But friends let me know he still wanted to be with me. So one night he was at a party where I was and this one girl said if I didn't go after him then she would so I had to make my move, after about 6 beers I just went up to him and said "ok, do you like me?" he nodded and the kising began. We have been together for two and a half years. I say just jump on the situtation, if it's ment to be it will happen.

LOL! what a great story

anyways yeah, maybe he is just shyer then you? or has no interest, you'll never know unless you talk to him..

it's not ganna work out later on if you two don't talk to each other and are shy all the time