What if?

I think that it can happen, but it depends a lot on why you broke up in the first place. I am not sure I would want my ex back at this point. He is a broken man, and never realized that he needed help, nor what he did to me. I am not sure I would want to go back to that, despite how great our relationiship was together. Once someone breaks your heart, things are never the same.

I agree. For me, once the relationship is broken off, the feelings just aren't the same anymore. It's almost as though the relationship loses its spark. Sometimes my ex's will contact me, and we'll go to lunch just to be friendly, I don't get the same feelings for them as I used to. With my recent break-up, I started to realize, "Hey, I can picture us as being aquaintences, but nothing more." Deep down in my heart, although breakups are hard, I know that once the relationship is over, it's over. I guess this is just a part of me realizing that I am finally letting go.

As for getting back together, it could happen, but it just depends on both parties involved. For me, I like to think that I don't want to settle. I mean, if the relaitonship didn't work out to begin with, it's best to just go our own separate ways and keep it amicable. Anyway, I too asked myself if I could ever picture myself getting back with any of my ex's. I might possibly be able to get back with the one who I was most compatible with, but why move backwards? He's already a part of my past, although, a happy distant memory I would never forget. Same with my recent ex.

Anyway, I guess we can never predict what the future holds. Me personally, when I get back with an ex after we break up, I get bored of the relationship, because the same issues resurface over and over. At that point, I just want to move on. In my mind, if the relationship didn't work out in the first place, maybe we were just incompatible and love unfortnately just blinded us. That's probably the main reason why I wouldn't want to get back with any of my ex's.

• 2 weeks later...

i don't know,...

my last relationship, we sort of got back togehter...we weren't very serious the first time around, but the end of it was rough, and then about 2 years later after we hadn't talked for a while we just fell in love all over again (well, i had always loved him, but he saw me and i knew he just fell for me all over again) and it went really well for a few years, adn i think if we had both been older and a little bit more mature we could have been amazing, but we're not so we broke it off again...

but i still have hope, i know the next time (if there's a next time) we work it out, i'm not going to be so blinded by love, and i'm going to have expectations adn remember why things didn't work out so well this time around....

Exes do sometimes come back. They come back when they realize what a good thing they had when they left, and their new partners aren't what they thought they'd be. Its up to you to decide if you want this person to break your heart again or perhaps, Perhaps things just might work out this time!

Mine came back. He's been back for about 10 months now. Things did not really work out, and I'm wondering why I wanted him back in the first place. The same old problems that caused the breakup initially are back, only amplified. He's leaving in October. This decision was mutual and I can't wait to start my life on my own.

• 1 month later...
Mine came back. He's been back for about 10 months now. Things did not really work out, and I'm wondering why I wanted him back in the first place. The same old problems that caused the breakup initially are back, only amplified. He's leaving in October. This decision was mutual and I can't wait to start my life on my own.

Kiss my butt for letting people in and out of your life so easily