Proactiv Solution

has anyone used this product? i just ordered some cuz i want to clear up a few marks on my face and control oil. i dont have bad acne or anything, but a clearer face would be much better. but if any of you have used it i would like to hear how it worked for u.

thanx

I don't have a major acne problem, however, i would get major, big, painful zit all the time. One would go away, another would pop up. Very weird. thereforeeee, I tried pro-active. It works pretty good. I would still have zit occasionly but it is small. My face did improve. It is expensive though. Pro-active is like a true narcotic. Once you stop, it comes back.

My 17 year old male cousin ordered this stuff and has been using it for about a year now. It keeps him mostly clear. When I was a teen, I used some Neutrogena face wash twice a day. It's much cheaper than ProActive Solution and just as effective (in my opinion). As with all things, different things work for different people. I don't believe anyone should have to shell out 50 or 100 dollars a month just to have a clear face. Try getting a face wash and using it twice a day. My 2 cents anyways.

I tried everything on the market. I used Pro-Activ that my mom ordered to clear up a few blemishes on her face. I used the Neutrogena face wash. I used topical creams. I had acne since 6th grade up until 10th. Nothing worked for me. My dermatologist recommended Accutane, and that worked like a champ. But DO NOT use Accutane unless you have tried almost everything else, and nothing has worked for you. Accutane has many many MANY harmful side effects, and unless you stay honest with your parents/guardians, it can have a very negative effect on your life.

But for my mom, Pro-Active worked. It just depends on your skin. And even if it does clear it up, there is a chance it will come back. Good luck with it!

well.. i had really bad acne. i tried a lot of stuff. i used Pro-Activ for like 3 weeks.. and it stopped... or i thought it stopped working. but i gave up with it... but i tell ya, for those 3 weeks.. it worked miracles. my face has mostly cleared up on its own now. but yeah, i think it depends on your skin.. but its worth a try.

• 2 weeks later...

I started getting terrible acne about a year and a half ago.. nothing would clear it up.. I tried proactiv and it worked for me (I sound like a commercial but its true). IMHO its worth the 40 bucks a month.. all the other stuff just doesn't really work, it might help a little, but it doesn't clear it up for me.

I have deep-rooted acne, and I hate it because I've had it since 6th grade. I told my mom about the proactive commercial and stuff, so I got her to order it for me. Well I used it and it is just as good as using Stridex pads . It didn't help me at all and I noticed I broke out less without it . I'm not allergic to anything in there or sensitive to benzoyl peroxide it's just a lame product that only cures peoples mild acne. That **** about dermotologists made it and stuff...well that just suckers you in, paying the big bucks (it's not all that much) for antibiotics is better than wasting 480 bucks a year on something thats not going to work. Believe me if you have worse than mild acne, you will be wasting lots of money on something that won't improve your acne very much at all.

I think after using it for the first month I think you should cancel and go to a dermotologist and get an antibiotic and some prescribed benzoyl peroxide pads, the percentage of benzoyl peroxide will vary depending on how bad your acne is. I have 3% BP pads. But anyhow, doing my anti-biotic I get A LOT less break outs and I've been using it for 2 months and my face is almost clear. It is a hell of a lot better than using proactive, highly recommend prescription acne meds.