have a question

this is gonna be a lot. in advance, i apologize.

i am a catholic. i've been through my baptism, first communion, catechism, confirmation, the works. i used to attend practically every sunday, but since i began working, i am no longer able to comply every sunday. so that's my background.

i unfortunately and hatefully have to admit that i am not a virgin. the whole deal of why i am not and all that jazz is a totally different topic. but i will say that this whole chastity thing was one of the reasons as to why we had to end it. so anyway, i have vowed that he was my first and will be the last until i am married.

me dealing w/ all this "adult" life ahead of my time at such a young age has truly taught me a lot. i have looked further into my religion. and i do realize that if two people really love each other that much, then why is it necessary to have this physical love??

since i am a girl, i might be speaking a little biast here. please excuse me. a guy is always waiting to "bang" a girl and a girl is always trying to find that one true love. if a guy wants to, he can easily lie and take such an advantage of the girl's mind. then, he can get what he wants and in some way the girl is fulfilled w/ something so simple as three little words while satisfying the one she loves dearly.

my ex and i dated for two and a half years. within six months we told each other we loved each other. when we passed the first year, we had sex. and then when i tried to say i did not want to have this physical thing between us anymore b/c it basically took control of our relationship, he no longer wanted to be w/ me. then when we finally broke it off which ended quite roughly. then he told me that he might've never loved me.

when you really think about it, why do you need to perform these "sexual acts??" what will you achieve really?? it can be lived without, if you have the will. if you are to believe that you are the one to share something so intimate w/ a special someone, then why do you save that, yet you are okay w/ doing other things. what makes that any less?? so what it comes out to be is that whoever you perform these "sexual acts" w/ other than sex, then you're saying you have no feelings for them. that they are just a sex toy. and that's really sad.

don't think that im reprimanding you. im not. this is fully my opinion. i lead this life. other people can look at it in a different way which im totally fine w/. it is what it is. you figure what is best for yourself. but to warn you, it can really hurt you if it doesn't work the way you plan.

This is all going to depend on the person because I have known many Catholics that believe that any other sexual acts besides vaginal penetration is allowed, so that would mean oral sex and anal sex. Interpretation is the key some would say that no kind of sexual activity is allowed while others believe that anal and oral sex is allowed. Its a personal decision that you and your partner have to decided unless you want to discuss a person who has religious authority on the matter.

I was raised Catholic. And from what I remember... sexual contact of anykind according to Vatican II is prohibited. But... us lucky lucky catholics are human with human frailities and we sin. So, us Catholics have this wondeful thing called Confession... its where we enter a little dark cube box room.. Closet. Kneel down in the dark and confess our sin..... "Bless me father for I have sined... I kissed a boy" or.... "I had carnal thoughts.." YEP.. even thinking it is a SIN. And the great part is... the priest..has this wonderful Matrix...that tells him how many "OUR Fathers" "Hail Mary's" and "Glory Be's" you have to say in penence to get out of your sin. Then he say's some Magic words in Latin and absolves you from your sin...while you recite the "Act of Contrition"... and the GREATEST PART of ALL.... this is great....

Hold on to your hat....

When you walk out of that dark Closet and into the light of day...YOU ARE A CLEAN person. Yep... you just got a get of jail free card. Isn't that wonderful. oh and by the way... don't forget to drop off your contribution to the church in the basket on the way out. Thank-you very much.

OKKKKKKK.... I hope I haven't too badly offended any Catholics out there.

I have a wicked sense of humor and yeah yeah... I'll burn in purgatory for it. "Someone pluuuleaaaaze send me some ice water".

Seriously... we do have confessions and if you are lucky. You will get to talk to a priest about your sins and he will gently advise you on... why you shouldn't be doing this or that. And counsel you to try harder to be a good practicing Catholic. And if this works for you... GREAT. Go for it. I don't have a problem with it.

The thing about the Catholic church is... yes.. they are against a lot of things and the rules are stringent. But they leave room for human failings...and know no one is PERFECT... asside from the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. The whole thing is for us to try to strive for the very best lives as Catholics...and we will be duly rewarded in Heaven.

Personally.... I think some of these man made rules are there for CONTROL. To control the masses (sheep). Just like your everyday laws are built in societies. The rules for sex are there to prevent ... poverty and fatherless children. The rule is there to prevent the spread of disease... The rules are there to create ethical and moral standards of conduct so that man can live together in some semblence of peace...vs. Chao's. And they do it by creating FEAR and GUILT in the practicing. Not bad... if it works for you.

Myself... I believe there are Many Paths to God, heaven... or Nirvana. Some of the tenants I can believe in...such as "Treat others as you want to be treated." others.... I have a huge problem with.

The funniest thing EVER to me was being counseled on MARRIAGE and what my marriage bed should be. And all I wanted to say is... how in the HELL would you know. Reading about sex or hearing about it from someone else... does not constitute knowledge. And I just can't undestand how he's supposed to give me advice... on something he has NO clue on. (period.)

Just my 2 cents... for what its worth. It works for me... so don't let it bother you.