I am meeting up to have lunch with my ex-girlfriend tomorrow. It will be the first time I have seen her since the breakup. I have talked to her many times online, and it always seem she is trying to impress me by telling me all the things she has been doing. I tell her what I have been up to, and then she tells me something that outdoes what I have done. I know she is trying to just show me how she has moved on, but it is getting to a point where it is just be annoying. Now, I'm meeting her tomorrow, but I don't know how to act. I really don't want to hear her tell all her stories since we have broken up. How should I act towards her? What should my approach be? Thanks for any advice...

Hi!

I'm in a similar situation though I won't be meeting with my ex until the end of summer. My advice to you and hopefully I'll be doing the same....is to act as normal as possible.

If your ex starts to talk about things that are annoying to you then how about talking about happy times in the past. She may feel somewhat uncomfortable if she believes that you've moved on while she still haven't and it may be the reason why she's trying to "impress" you.

Maybe you two can be friends...who knows?

Good luck!

How did meeting with your ex go? I'm interested to find out because next month I'll be meeting mine after 4 years. If you want to learn more about my situation look up my name and see what I've posted. I'm just curious what happened so that maybe I can feel less nervous about seeing mine. I think i really am still in love with him and hoping that he feels that same. I won't be able to find out his feelings until I see him. hope it went well. hope you can offer me some advice.