Tired of it all...

Hey everyone....

Just browsing the forum, and I wanted to toss a new subject out there. Well maybe it's not so new..lol

I don't know about anyone else but I am pretty tired of being tired.

Tired of waking up first thng in the morning and he pops in my head. Why??? Why can't I think of doing that morning workout? Or just what a gorgeous day it is outside?? Why do we mentally destroy ourselves?? It's almost like we get high on feeling low. We get so used to that feeling that it becomes like a part of ourselves.

I am tired of feeling that nagging feeling of regret..of "what if I only did this or that different"?

I'm tired of not having the energy to focus my thoughts on a task as simple as reading a book, or doing the laundry without thoughts of HIM.

I am tired of wondering if HE thinks of ME...or if he has regrets, or if he misses me.

I suppose this is all very normal....but simply put...I am just Tired!!!! I want my life back!!!

I think that people do get addicted to their anxiety because it seems like the way they should feel. They get so used tothat feeling that it just becomes a way of life and consumes them. The human mind can work against us just as much as it can work for us, which makes situations like this all the more difficult. I think that we also put that other person on a pedestal, since it is human nature to want what we can't have. That makes it all the more difficult to look back on things and analyse any mistakes we made that may have contributed to the breakup.

It is very hard to focus on other things when your heartbeat won't slow down and and you can't get that feeling out of your stomache, but just remember that no one has the right to make you feel that way and that you are responsible for your own happiness.

I agree, it's a bad time for a lot of us on the forum.

On my better days, I like to look at it as a time for healing, reflection and rejuvenation.

After 6 weeks of NC, I'm slowly getting back into a better groove of something that resembles a new life. Some work, some exercise some studying a lot of socializing and meeting new people.

In the end all you can do is pick a direction, put one foot in front of the other and start walking.

I know what you mean, I've been there. But we all go through it.....and I don't know if this is any help or not, but think of it this way--There is someone out there who has felt or will feel that way about you at some time or another (perhaps even now). And that's not to say that the thought that someone feels rejected by you should cheer you up, but that thought (knowing that everyone has been where I've been) really helped me to put everything into perspective...and like you said 'take my life back'

You are getting closer to permanent closure. I know how you feel about being tired from all the emotions raging. It saps the life blood out of us. Personally, I'm starting to realize my ex fiance' and I were not matched and it was not meant to be. It was a hell of a good run but the reality that is sinking in now is if it didn't end now it would have been even harder down the road. There were too many signs of incompatability. Love is a POWERFUL thing. But there has to be so much more for a LTR to work.

Keep your chin up. There's better and happier days ahead my friend.