What to do on a Friday night

Here's a question mostly for the ladies...

My girlfriend is implying that we are in some sort of rut... that we don't do anything different... if we go out, it's to a movie, or dinner... and that tonight we'll probably end up going to see a movie... as usual.

I don't know why it's my responsibility to come up with something "different" or exiciting to do... but I need some suggestions

I live in a big city (Toronto), so there should be lots to do.

Thanks in advance

Why not take her bowling, to a baseball game, to a bed and breakfast. As long as she is with you and you show that your trying to be more spontanious she will love it.

The best plan is to find out what her perfect weekend would be. Then in like two months plan that perfect weekend as best as possible.

TO eh...there are tons of theatres and such there, see whats around.

Go to a small little blues bar.

Go play mini golf, or hit the driving range. Grab a football/frisbee and head to park. I have fun playing catch with the football, as my bf teaches me all sorts of plays..and we make up stuff plays and let the other person interpret it...like "6 left, dragonfly"..can be fun!

Grab a couple bikes and head out to explore the parks, trails, side roads. Go for a paddle on a lake/river in a canoe (you can rent them).

Bring home all the supplies for a very messy cookie-baking episode. Put plastic on the floor, and feel free to throw the flour around

Head out to a local city/town for evening to explore and be tourists, heck play tourist in your own city down on Yonge.

go to her house tonight, pick her up, tell her to back a bag and take her on a random romantic getaway..somewhere nice...maybe niagara falls, how far are you from there? be spontaneous...dont tell her where your going at first.

Unfortunately it's a sort of LD relationship, and she's coming here tonight... plus we're busy tomorrow, so it has to be something only for tonight.

I'll definitely have to try that sometime when we don't have to be somewhere the next day

do it, she'll love it. in the meantime take the other posters suggestions. also maybe sign the two of you up for something like dance lessons or cooking lessons. just make sure that after you do something that you expect it from her as well. i got in a rut with an ex and conversations went like this:

her: "theres nothing to do, we never do anything different or fun"

me: "well, what do you want to do?"

her: why do i have to think of everything?"

me: "ok, lets do this _________"

her: "i dont want to do that"

me: "ok, lets do this ______"

her: why do i have to think of everything?"

me: "ok, lets do this _________"

her: "i dont want to do that"

me: "ok, well what do you want to do?"

her: "you cant decide anything! why do i have to always come up with something."

-dont fall into that trap, it sucks

Too late! That's EXACTLY what happened... except she denies that I came up with any ideas... or said that I didn't come up with any good ideas. How did you resolve that problem? Or is that why she is now an ex?

after a 4 year relationship, we broke up because of things like this. i tried to resolve it but she just didnt appreciate a thing. sucked then, but now i feel like i dodged a bullet.