Old friend or old crush ?

8 hours ago, Jojo1972 said:

Would I think a memorial tattoo now, years passed, I didn't memorialize my sibling whom I love.... is off ? Might look off to my partner ? 

I cannot imagine feeling threatened by somebody wanting to get a tattoo of a dead person, regardless of whether they had one of their dead sibling or not.  

Seriously.  What about this situation can hurt you? 

18 hours ago, Jaunty said:

I cannot imagine feeling threatened by somebody wanting to get a tattoo of a dead person, regardless of whether they had one of their dead sibling or not.  

Seriously.  What about this situation can hurt you? 

Because of what it represents, her romantic feelings about it, and he will be reminded about that fact every time he sees it. He wouldn't be here is it didn't hurt him emotionally. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, smackie9 said:

Because of what it represents, her romantic feelings about it, and he will be reminded about that fact every time he sees it. He wouldn't be here is it didn't hurt him emotionally. 

I do understand that.  My perspective is that everybody has people in their past that they loved, or was a friend, or whatever.   Whether they have a tattoo or not doesn't change that.  

The older we get, the more true this is.  

This guy is even dead. And gay.   And the tattoo thing was a group idea that their friends came up with, so it's not like this woman just decided on her own one year into a new relationship to get the ink.   Though if she had, I would still say that the OP is letting something I believe is insignificant to his relationship have a lot of control on his emotions. 

So - I think that the OP feels insecure in the relationship in general and it's not a good place for him to be, or for her either.  Because she probably is innocent of any wrongdoing, it's her body, her dead friend, the relationship with OP is fairly new, and she is being put in a position to have to defend what is a completely personal choice.