More than Friends?

My friend asked me for relationship advice today, because she said she doesn't find her boyfriend attractive any more and wants to break up but doesn't want to hurt him.

But I couldn't help thinking that she wants to break up with him to be with me, I don't really know what I'm basing this on, just the way we talk I guess. We always have really deep conversations and we seem to be quite alike.

How can I tell if she does want to break up with him to be with me and what can I do about it?

Well first off do you even want to be with her?

If the answer is yes, then my responce would be nothing.

You have to let things happen on their own.

If you are not wanting to be with her, I would do the same thing, nothing.

If she asks you again for advice I would tell her that she needs to follow her heart.

Then I agree with kskm - don't do anything. Also, don't let your imagination run wild whenever a female friend asks you for relationship advice. Sure, it could be a sign they are interested but personally I think more often than not it isn't. Although I have little relationship experience I always seem to be offering solicited advice to female friends. It doesn't mean anything though. They are not at all interested in me, but I am useful to them because I can offer a male perspective on things. It could be simply no more than that in your case too. But definitely, if you are confused the last thing you want to do is anything. Absolutely. I lost a friend a few weeks ago because of her utter confusion as to how she felt about me.

• 1 year later...