How long do you last?

would a woman actually think any less of a man they've been seeing due to his time spend on sexual intercourse?

Bad sex can definitely make a woman think less of a man that she has been seeing. Short sex doesn't necessarily mean bad sex though.

I would chose a man who couldn't go longer than 6 or 7 mins but knew how to satisfy me and make the entire experience last over a man who banged me for 30 mins and then was done.

dont u think u guys r being a lil harsh on guys.Girls just lay back and let the man have all the pressure.I mean if the guy doesnt satisfy u and say u truly luv him shouldnt u still stay with him?I mean isnt that what a guy deserves.Maybe just see if he picks up his game in the near future.

What?! You suggest exploiting someone's insecurities? That's just plain evil!

Sex as you describe it would leave two people dissatisfied and miserable. If a person cannot meet your expectations in bed, you are probably not destined to be together. If sex is a game for men, the rules are: you lose, you are free to go. Don't play your own games--with your own rules--with the intent to hurt someone.

There are few things worse than intentionally making somebody else feel bad just because you need to boost your confidence... Especially if you care about them, and it is no big secret that most women equate sex with affection.

If you would notice that my response was in referrence to a comment mentioned by a pervious post. If you influence people by exploiting their insecurities, if you wish to call that evil, thats fine but I wouldnt use such a strong word, but I will agree its not an ideal situation. Sex as i described it would not leave two people dissatisfied and miserable, it would only leave one if they didnt take pleasure in pleasing the other person, the person doing the influencing is able to get what they want so they are in fact happy.

I believe that sex can be a game for any person who wants it to be one. I dont see the correlation between boosting confidence and influencing a person. If you know you are already able to influence people and you know how to do it, then influencing people becomes about getting what you want and knowing how to get it. I believe that influencing your partner happens in a relationship all the time, not just in the sexual arena but with gifts, a show you want to see, or any situation where there is a conflict.

I don't consider 40 minutes "marathon sex" in any way. Anything shorter than that would be a quickie, however, and might not always be worth the trouble of taking your clothes off.

Ah, to be 21 again. 8)

Here's an experiement. Set a timer for 7 minutes. Do some wild and crazy activity for that seven minutes. Jumping jacks, running up and down the stairs, something vigorous. Tell me if you are winded in 7 minutes. It's longer than it sounds.

Now, if you can, set the timer for 40 minutes, do the same vigorous activity for 40 minutes.

Are you still alive?

LOL... I've had a few marathon sex sessions in my time (and yes, 40 minutes is a LONG time) and for me and my girlfriends whom I asked about this, 40 minutes is enough to leave us quite sore, even with the right lubrication.

And realistically, with jobs and school, commutes, kids, , laundry,dishes, mortgages, etc, who has the energy or time for 40 minute sessions every time?

I don't consider 40 minutes "marathon sex" in any way. Anything shorter than that would be a quickie, however, and might not always be worth the trouble of taking your clothes off.

Ah, to be 21 again. 8)

Here's an experiement. Set a timer for 7 minutes. Do some wild and crazy activity for that seven minutes. Jumping jacks, running up and down the stairs, something vigorous. Tell me if you are winded in 7 minutes. It's longer than it sounds.

Now, if you can, set the timer for 40 minutes, do the same vigorous activity for 40 minutes.

Are you still alive?

LOL... I've had a few marathon sex sessions in my time (and yes, 40 minutes is a LONG time) and for me and my girlfriends whom I asked about this, 40 minutes is enough to leave us quite sore, even with the right lubrication.

And realistically, with jobs and school, commutes, kids, , laundry,dishes, mortgages, etc, who has the energy or time for 40 minute sessions every time?

That pretty much says it all. This glamorized view of hot passionate sex is pushed on us by TV and movies, but the reality is it's way too much.

Hope, I swim/bike/run sprint triathlons... I climb mountains, too, and I take weekly 75min long kick-boxing classes.

Then again, I don't have sex that often since Fiance is currently on assignment in a different state, and he only flies back for 3 days every week...

Edited for typo. I cannot stand typos.

I saw this topic yesterday and I was going to respond almost exactly as Hope75 did. That is spot on. The surveys you see relating to an average 7 minutes are for sex...not intercourse.

If you really want to know how long you last, time yourself having intercourse, 7 minutes is a long, long time to be sustaining that sort of activity.

The AVERAGE heart rate AMONGST 20 TO 35 YEAR OLDS whilst actually having intercourse is 164 beats per minute. Do a VO2 test and see how long you can sustain that sort of rate.

So if you stop and rest or the female does the work you may be able to extend a session but if you talk about continually performing intercourse your performance time will be considerably shorter than you actually think it is.

Just on a VO2 test, you are extremely fit if you reach 16 - 17 minutes. I made about 15 and a half minutes once and it felt like about 3 hours.

whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......im reading all this and i feel like im blessed....

sex w. my bf is usually more than 10 minutes and he's one of those multi orgasm men. he said im the first woman he's ever been with that makes him cum like that.. maybe it helps that im 10 yrs younger lol

we have sex at least.. umm.. 2-3 times a day. in the morning before work.. when he gets home.. and before bedtime.

our longest was probably.. all night literally. not like an 8hr hard on, but on and off and on and off.. for 8hrs. it was 6 times that night. we've never topped it off.

should i start snooping around for a hidden pack of viagara or something....?

he's in his mid 30's... i'll admit that it's slacking since the beginning.. but quality is still there.

oh and as for me orgasming.. penetration sometimes is enough. but i need other stimulation for a sure thing.