Im going to Boot Camp and time is short

K guys i have been friends with this girl for like 2 years.And I am in the army and going to Boot Camp at the end of this month.Then i will be back at school after the summer.Now heres my problem i wanna ask out this girl but the problem is im shot on time.Should i ask her out this week or wait till after basic training.Also another thing is i dont really flirt with her and vice versa.And i wanna ask her out.She likes guys with personality and thats me but i havent flirted or nothin and i wanna know what u guys think.

Thx

wait. itd prolly be too hard for both of you guys to be going out for like a few days and then never talk for like a month. she'd prolly dump you out of bordom (unless she reeeally likes you). i would give her the idea that you like her...flirt, you know. then, she'll prolly miss you while your gone...flirt a little more (w/out looking stupid or acting creepy) and then ask her. if you do that the chances of her saying yes and having it last will be a lot greater. hope it all works out!