My Job Search

Qwerty55

Thank you everyone.

So far, I've been in my job for 3 days and I must say it's overwhelming.

The challenging side:

There are so many things to remember for my job position.

My boss is the general manager which is the son of the president of the company (I'm working on a big family business).

My job position is all around. Not as hard as the secretary's position but I really have to be flexible and fast paced.

My contract is 6 months and every 2 months I will be evaluated to see if I am capable of this position. What's scary is that I could get terminated on my 2nd, 4th, or 6th month every after evaluation if I don't do a good job.

I heard there were 4 people on my job position who never got a regular employee contract. However, the secretary told me others didn't last at the company that long due to health reasons.

I have to be extra careful for my job position not to mention confidential stuffs.

The good side:

I really want to stay at this company for so long because of the pay, the salary, and thr schedule.

I've learned a lot within just 3 days.

I feel like this is the job position where I will truly grow and learn.

I've been more of an asset to this company for 3 days compared to the insurance company I resigned which was only 2 weeks.

I don't wanna risk leaving this company again because everything about it is where I truly want to be.

The boss seems understanding and professional (hopefully). The secretary told me my boss doesn't befriend with his employees and he wants to interact with his employees professionally.

I'm planning on creating my own business and me being in this job position under the executivs's department, I will gain and acquire a lot of knowledge in different kinds of department which will ultimately be a stepping stone to the business I want to create in the near future.

Wish me luck again this week guys. I really hope I can pass my probationary period.

Also guys, can you give me any tips on how to remove first job anxiety? I've been kinda anxious lately that I might not get my job done well but I'm doing my best not to show my anxiety and emotions to the secretary and my boss.

Remind yourself that your private work ethic is already strong enough to outperform most people without derailing yourself with anxiety. Consider the expectations of this company to be in alignment with that rather than a hurdle to your success.

In other words, you're all on the same side--you ALL want to see you win. The people before you likely failed because they held lower standards for themselves and didn't fit a demanding role. That's more common than you think, and you're fortunate to work in a place that doesn't tolerate slackers.

So push anxiety aside by considering yourself and the job to be a great fit for one another, and don't allow yourself the room for doubt about that. The people you work with are likely smart enough to recognize that it takes AT LEAST 6 months to learn a complex job well, and that there are bound to be SOME mistakes along the way.

So? Don't set yourself up to believe that a mistake equals automatic failure, but rather demonstrating a willingness to learn from mistakes without falling apart is the most desirable skill anyone could want on their team. This means never sweeping a mistake under the rug (which only causes more anxiety about it being found) but rather step up to claim a mistake, apologize for it, and speak out loud the correction you've learned from it.

This formula alleviates the false pressure of trying to appear perfect. It allows you to demonstrate realistic abilities to be honest, mature and forthright enough to address your own weaknesses rather than a nervous wreck who feeds her own insecurities with an unnatural "perfection" mentality.

Head high, you can do this.

Remind yourself that your private work ethic is already strong enough to outperform most people without derailing yourself with anxiety. Consider the expectations of this company to be in alignment with that rather than a hurdle to your success.

In other words, you're all on the same side--you ALL want to see you win. The people before you likely failed because they held lower standards for themselves and didn't fit a demanding role. That's more common than you think, and you're fortunate to work in a place that doesn't tolerate slackers.

So push anxiety aside by considering yourself and the job to be a great fit for one another, and don't allow yourself the room for doubt about that. The people you work with are likely smart enough to recognize that it takes AT LEAST 6 months to learn a complex job well, and that there are bound to be SOME mistakes along the way.

So? Don't set yourself up to believe that a mistake equals automatic failure, but rather demonstrating a willingness to learn from mistakes without falling apart is the most desirable skill anyone could want on their team. This means never sweeping a mistake under the rug (which only causes more anxiety about it being found) but rather step up to claim a mistake, apologize for it, and speak out loud the correction you've learned from it.

This formula alleviates the false pressure of trying to appear perfect. It allows you to demonstrate realistic abilities to be honest, mature and forthright enough to address your own weaknesses rather than a nervous wreck who feeds her own insecurities with an unnatural "perfection" mentality.

Head high, you can do this.

Thank you. This gave me more motivation to strive harder. I'm willing to learn and stay at the company as long as I can. It's scary for my part because I'm new to all of this but I would love to learn more about the company, the product, the management etc. I hope I can committ few mistakes as possible because I do not want to disappoint my boss nor my co-workers.

Just today, I committed some mistakes at work and I'm not gonna lie, I felt anxious I made a mistake because the boss noticed a lot of it but I still try to make it to a point to apologize my mistakes and correct it right away. I need to stop thinking I should be perfect for my job and start working on my skills.

Archived