I dont know who I am anymore, this is making me so crazy

So much anguish. Ive been going through this for 7 months, since my relationship ended. I dont know who i am. I dont know if I ever was an unique individual or I was just what the people around me wanted me to be.

Is this normal? Will it pass? How can i cope with this feeling? I feel anxious and really desperate

Sorry to go all Mary Poppins on you but.., this is one of the awesome things about breakups and being single!

I have always found that whenever I am in a relationship, you naturally start to compromise. You compromise on the things you eat, on the movies you watch, on the activities you do... so... yes! I do think it’s completely normal when you get out of a relationship to go through a period of self re-discovery.

This is all about perspective but.... Embrace it! Savor it! There are so few times in life where you only need to answer to yourself and you are the only person who you have to worry about being happy.

Think back to all the things you’ve enjoyed in the past and maybe let go - and take the opportunity to get out there and try new things! Not only is it healing... but sometimes you meet new friends along the way!

I definitely think it’s a perk of being single... but yes... it can be uncomfortable and disconcerting at first.

Yes.. they can. They can affect us in many ways.

So they say... try not to lose yourself .

When you get involved with someone... you work on a relationship with them. You get to know them.. you do things with them.. and you can get really deep with them... getting emotionally involved.

So, if they are toxic in any way, that can cause YOU to become vulnerable.. weak... mentally challenging you. All of that will do something to you.

Life.. is an experience. Everyone we meet can do something to us.

So.... with so many experiences in our lives, it will affect us somehow..especially if you are an emotional, giving person or an empath. You feel a lot.

So, when you are involved with someone... I am sure something about them will rub off on you and you try to get along with them.. try to work out with them... to see if you are compatible or not.

In the end, one can become emotionally & mentally drained.

And you can't give 100% and then some. YOu each need to keep on having your own life.. your friends.. your hobbies, sports.. family, etc.

It is NOT all bout them! It takes two. If they are too reliant on you, that will also affect you in some way.

So... if a couple breaks up, you then have to revert back a bit and work on accepting it is done.... work on accepting that BIG change in your life again.. and get yourself back to good.

A lot goes on when you get involved with someone, for sure! It can be a life altering event.

At this time in MY life, I have no energy or drive to get involved again with all of the experiences I have had.

Way too many users, liers, etc. ( they are all damaged, themselves, obviously).

So much confusion & pains- if you get yourself emotionally involved.. they can take you down with them :(.

Life... is an experience. Sadly, not all good .

Always a good idea to take some 'down time' after a relationship break up. To work on yourself again.

Yes.. they can. They can affect us in many ways.

So they say... try not to lose yourself .

When you get involved with someone... you work on a relationship with them. You get to know them.. you do things with them.. and you can get really deep with them... getting emotionally involved.

So, if they are toxic in any way, that can cause YOU to become vulnerable.. weak... mentally challenging you. All of that will do something to you.

Life.. is an experience. Everyone we meet can do something to us.

So.... with so many experiences in our lives, it will affect us somehow..especially if you are an emotional, giving person or an empath. You feel a lot.

So, when you are involved with someone... I am sure something about them will rub off on you and you try to get along with them.. try to work out with them... to see if you are compatible or not.

In the end, one can become emotionally & mentally drained.

And you can't give 100% and then some. YOu each need to keep on having your own life.. your friends.. your hobbies, sports.. family, etc.

It is NOT all bout them! It takes two. If they are too reliant on you, that will also affect you in some way.

So... if a couple breaks up, you then have to revert back a bit and work on accepting it is done.... work on accepting that BIG change in your life again.. and get yourself back to good.

A lot goes on when you get involved with someone, for sure! It can be a life altering event.

At this time in MY life, I have no energy or drive to get involved again with all of the experiences I have had.

Way too many users, liers, etc. ( they are all damaged, themselves, obviously).

So much confusion & pains- if you get yourself emotionally involved.. they can take you down with them :(.

Life... is an experience. Sadly, not all good .

Always a good idea to take some 'down time' after a relationship break up. To work on yourself again.

Yes... agreed.. I decided that we have to be with someone we really admire, since relationship make you change...

Archived