Friend of a friend who is a guy trying to get with my gf?

vmaypa

So about two weeks ago my gf and I were at the gym and we saw a coworker of hers who she approached to say hi. She introduced me as her boyfriend and I could sort of tell by his body language and how he was looking at my girl that he found my gf attractive. Tonight I randomly brought him up in a conversation, saying how I haven’t seen him at the gym for a while and my gf told me that on the day that we saw him at the gym, he had messaged her that night and was asking her to go to the gym with her, or have her go to the gym with him. I’m only concerned because with my last ex, I had a friend who talked to my girl behind my back, and now they’re basically together... Should I be worried at all? I didn’t ask her what she had said in response to his question because I didn’t want to appear jealous.

I didn’t ask her what she had said in response to his question because I didn’t want to appear jealous.

Well, that's silly. It's a natural concern, and now you've placed yourself at a disadvantage all for the sake of looks. It would have been better if you had asked when you had the chance. Bringing it up again will probably be a little awkward. But it is an issue and will continue to be an issue until you address it. I think you should tell her about your concern and give her a chance to address it.

I would be raising my eyebrows too, you have every right to be concerned. The good thing that I can see is that she actually told you that this guy messaged her. If she had intentions on getting with this guy behind your back then she would have kept it under wraps like any cheater does. I would talk with your girlfriend about your concerns. Also, I would tell this dude to stop creepin on your girlfriend, especially if he's stalking her on social media, it takes a lot of effort to do that and I know he didn't just do that for nothing. Having a friendly chat with someone at the gym, yeah that's fine, but stalking someone on social media and messaging them is a whole different ballgame.

Archived