Posting because I'm alone...

Fettsei

My girlfriend was my best friend and ended our relationship in June. We were together 2 1/2 years. My problem is I still love her.

I miss her. I always stopped by her house afterwork and we spent slots of time together. When she broke things off it was pretty abrupt.

I hurt still. I have gone on dates in the last 2 months but nothing great. Everyday I want to text my ex girlfriend. I can't though. I told her I couldn't be her friend like before.

I miss her and I miss her friendship. I miss her company. It hurts to think I am so discarded, but she did want to be friends but I told her no.

I just want to say to the void...

I hate that I lost my best friend. I hate seeing my kids cry. I come home to lonely quietness. I want to tell her how much I love her but it's not good to. She is so far away.

I am alone like never before. I am 43. She was 47.

Our kids are crying over it still. We spent so much time together. She seems to be able to see me at work and it doesn't bother her. She frequents the place where I work. I see her and it's like starting to heal all over.

No contact I guess is the only way. But it feels strange and wrong. I feel crappy for telling her I couldn't be her friend, but she's sleeping with another guy! It's so hurtful. I can't talk with her about her passion for this guy or talk to her like before because we're not connected.

It's tough and makes me feel miserable.

Don't feel bad for telling her you can't be her friend. Ask yourself honestly, how would being her friend benefit you if you still love her and she's with someone else? Don't feel bad for having emotions.

It will be the hardest thing in the world but if you well and truly love her then you have to let her go forward for her own happiness. You'll question yourself why you had to make this sacrifice and get nothing in return for it but the answer is always that, you get nothing in return for it other than the final bit of proof that you truly loved someone enough to put them before you. Maybe that doesn't seem like much, but walking away with your morals still in intact is something no one can ever take away from you.

Archived