How to keep balance with the phone from an Ex?

This is a really long story, but I need to take some advice. There is this guy whom I have always been attracted to, I know him for 7 years, we (I am sure that he has also had) had always a crush on each other, but since he never asked out me for a date, and just enjoyed flirting and having conversations , we have never been together. Actually I did not care about him very much until now.

2 years ago, after a long time of not seeing each other, we end up together in a summer. We both had broken up with our ex's, (his ex was one of my best friends, unfortunately-I know I am dishonest) Since we were both left alone, we began talking about anything and everyhting day and night. I had forgotten my crush on him, and since he was my bestfriend's ex I was probably hiding my passion. For 2 months, we continued on this mood, liking each other and sepnding all the time together but never talking about 'us' until we got drunk one night. We talked about what we think of each other, and he had a long series of excuses, about that he lived in another city, had not finished college yet, he likes me very very much but is just not sure...bla bla bla.. I was upset(and I even had to confront my bestfriend, his ex for this closeness between us) and than begin to retreat slowly. Although it was hard for me I played the "oh, i was just drunk, I dont like you actually" and he was not very questioning so had ended the story. We saw each other around, and were 'just friends'

But 3 months earlier, he phoned me one night, said he was in town, and wanted to see me, so I went, we drunk and I told him how he had make me feel last summer, and told him that I had reaaly like you..He once again gave a long list of excuses, but this time I did not care, since I had told everything I wanted to. Seemed like I was over him.

Unfortunately again, he called me yesterday, he was not DRUNK and thus I was surprised, and he told very amazing things, that he wanted to see me next week, he misses me so much. And we talked for some time, I was trying to be cool, but it was so nice to get a phone! at last! so I am not sure if I had been able to.

Actually, I just want him to continue phoning me, so selfish, since I am certain that we wont have a relationhip anymore but is there any way that I can make him get attracted to me. Should I avoid contact, or begin phoning and texting him?

I It seems that this is the most stupid post ever posted. I honestly feel that I am not over him, and I do want to keep my balance even if he phones or not?