Using music as therapy to HEAL!

Anyone turn to music to help you out? I had to make it a POINT to turn away from sad love songs on the radio and find somehting more UPBEAT!

So I thought we could list some of the songs that help get you through the day. All genres. There are no right or wrongs.

I am huge country music fan so here are the songs I crank UP when I am feeling down.

My Give a Damn's Busted -Jo Dee Mesina

Bye Bye-Jo Dee Mesina

Down to My Last Teardrop-Tanya Tucker

"Badlands" - Bruce Springsteen

"In A Big Country" - Big Country

and to laugh your way through your break-up:

"One More Minute" - Weird Al Yankovic.

Gotta love a song that includes the line:

"You left me all alone in the gas station of love, and I have to use the self-service pumps"

Yes, yes, yes! I really believe that music has the power to heal. When I am deep-down sad, it helps to listen to deep-down sad music. I think that "Pinkerton" by Weezer is the best for love troubles, and for just all-around angst, it`s hard to beat Pink Floyd "The Wall"...but happy music that makes you bop around like a nutcase can help too, in which case I recommend Talking Heads or Shonen Knife...always makes me dance.

o all the time. Music makes life so much easier. I have quite a few tracks that I can recommend but one that stands out IMO is:

Voices of summer 2003 sunlight.

(Trancey with a good relaxing beat that eventually picks up and really gets going. This kind of stuff is great at cheering you up).

You can download it and many other mixes by DJ GT and Project C for free here:

link removed

or

link removed

hey if anyone dls it let me know what they think.

I love Pink Floyd, although i though that "Dark Side of The Moon" was better than "The Wall", they make great music but it would be much better if more of their songs were upbeat!

Here are a few songs that always make me feel great!

Can't Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers

I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night - Kiss

Paradise City - Guns N Roses

Dont Look Back in Anger - Oasis

Big Sur - The Thrills

California - Phantom Planet

Get It On - T Rex

Its My Life - Bon Jovi

Also, anything by Tenacious D or Weird Al because they make me laugh so much!

I totally agree songs help to help you "feel" what you want to whether that is missing your partner or moving on or hating them or whatever.

Blink 182 surprisingly has a lot of good lyrics but the best song I know of is "what it takes" by Aerosmith. Look up the lyrics to that and it just screams of how everyone feels after being broken up with

"I never wanted to hold you back, I just wanted to hold on"