Mixed signals?

mad66517

I am a rising senior in college and the guy I've been dating just graduated and is moving to New York next month. We started things pretty casually in March but things have progressed to be more serious than I think either of us planned. It was originally assumed things would end when he leaves, but now things are starting to get confusing. We haven't discussed what we are doing after he moves or even if we have an official title (although it is an exclusive thing so this isn't really the issue.) He treats me very well, we spend a lot of time together, and spent a weekend away together earlier this summer. I've met his friends and now he has invited me to go with him on his extended family vacation next week. If he were not moving, things would not be so foggy for me, but with the lack of communication on the subject I'm very confused. Why would he take me on a family vacation if things are ending next month? Is he just enjoying the time we have left together or is he starting to look to the future?

Why would he take me on a family vacation if things are ending next month? Is he just enjoying the time we have left together or is he starting to look to the future?

Yes, to the former (enjoying time with you). As far as the latter (looking to the future), you'll find that out during the family vacation (which will provide plenty of time for the two of you to talk).

Archived