Confused

Intrigued17

Your question is missing some key words, i think. Question you how?

Why would someone be skeptical of being called sexy? Because they are cynical, mistrusting, have low self esteem, low self confidence....could be any number of things. Ask him.

I've been told by guys friends/people online that many guys don't get compliments often, so when they do get them they're either suspicious or take them entirely to heart. It could be that situation. In the case here, it could also be that the guy you think is sexy has a low self-esteem and doesn't see himself as sexy. I know I have a hard time accepting it when someone tells me that, because I'm not the stereotypical attractive woman.

I did ask him... I just texted him and said "hey Sexy". his response was "why did you call me sexy?" to which I replied... bc I think you are?!?!?

Okay, this changes everything.

Do you two have some sort of officiality to your relationship? If not, there could be two things at play:

1) You flirted with him and he flirted right back by asking you to explain yourself (this could also be the case if you two are official in some aspect);

2) It came completely out of left field for him, i.e. you two have only been friendly with one another in the past and then you just start winging out "sexy" at him.

I did ask him... I just texted him and said "hey Sexy". his response was "why did you call me sexy?" to which I replied... bc I think you are?!?!?

It has nothing to do with his self confidence. He did not ask you why you think he is sexy, but why you CALLED him sexy, which for me seems very clear he thought it was not an appropriate way to start a conversation. Lack of intimacy between you two.

Archived