Please help me understand

coolgirl

I understand conflicts happen in relationships, friendships and etc. My question is if one decides to cut contact and go NC isn't it best to tell that person please don't call me or text anymore rather than being blocked or ignored ? My take on this matter is its really childish, cruel, immature and definitely rude and I wouldn't want to be in this person's life because clearly there actions show who that person who they really are and I would be offended by it too. Has this happened to anyone ? and how did it make you feel if someone did this to you?

I understand conflicts happen in relationships, friendships and etc. My question is if one decides to cut contact and go NC isn't it best to tell that person please don't call me or text anymore rather than being blocked or ignored ? My take on this matter is its really childish, cruel, immature and definitely rude and I wouldn't want to be in this person's life because clearly the actions show who that person who they really are and I would be offended by it too. Has this happened to anyone ? and how did it make you feel if someone did this to you?

I think they call this "ghosting" someone and either they just dont care one tiny bit about you or they are very angry/hurt by what happened. Also, not everyone has the skills to know how to handle such an end to a relationship so they go into self-protection overdrive. There's really no way to know why the person has done this. All you need to know is that they have done it and you need to turn your focus on yourself, reconcile with the situation as it is and move on.

Yea, that's what I'm trying to do moving past it. Nothing in particular happened was just having and honest and open conversation. And here I am thinking I did nothing wrong in particular for this person to be upset with me. All they said was im blocking you in a text. I think it would had been nicer to say don't contact me anymore and I would had. I'm not a stalker. To me it's just really uncalled for because I trusted this person with my life. I had this ghosting experience so many times with numerous people. And sometimes I don't cope well with situations like these because it will take me weeks to get myself stable and back to normal again and focus on myself. This was what I wanted to avoid going through.

QUOTE=Generica;6827952]I think they call this "ghosting" someone and either they just dont care one tiny bit about you or they are very angry/hurt by what happened. Also, not everyone has the skills to know how to handle such an end to a relationship so they go into self-protection overdrive. There's really no way to know why the person has done this. All you need to know is that they have done it and you need to turn your focus on yourself, reconcile with the situation as it is and move on.

Archived