My family keeo breaking my heart.

I was an abused child. Physical and mental abuse. It took me years to accept that, well, I only accepted that the start of 2016, as the abuse only stopped in 2015. I'm 19 years old, and my whole life has just been heart break, negativity and loneliness.

I was in a mental health hospital, to cope with all my feeling and learn how to move on and make a life for myself, it helped so much, but sometimes I feel as if I should of just killed myself. I should just kill myself now.

When your best friends parents seem to love and care for you more then your own, you know there is a massive problem.

I'm not going to go into full detail, but basically I haven't had a life. I wouldn't call it a life anyway.

But still, to this day, after all they have done to me, they carry on, and make things hard for me, emotionally.

I want to die. I don't want to be here anymore. I feel as if my time has come.

The transition to adulthood when you are brought up in an abusive family is difficult. As a kid, mistreatment is all you know -- it's "normal," and you might not even realize you're being abused. But as you begin living your life and viewing your childhood experiences through your adult eyes, comparing them to the experiences of others and recognizing them for what they are, it can leave you feeling exactly the way you are feeling.

I have a good friend who was horribly abused as a child. She's 30 now, and although she's had a lot of struggles during the past 10 years she's also experienced an enormous amount of healing. She's figuring out work and school and life and relationships, even though she had very poor models while growing up.

It's not easy to be in your situation, but healing is possible. Please don't kill yourself. Please don't lose hope. Please get help. There's a path for you, a way to break the chains of abuse. Don't give up until you've found it.

Archived