Here is what I wrote before:

To make a long story short...I dated this guy for over a year on and off. We were very serious at a point, but he had a problem about chosing between his child's mother and me. We finally decided to stop seeing each other, but still we messing around almost everytime we saw each other. I finally decided not to call him anymore after I found out that him and his ex got back together, and got an apartment. It was a over a month before I spoke to him. He called me on my birthday. Fine he wanted to wish me a happy birthday. The next thing I know out of the blue he calls me again about 3 weeks later..to make sure I was safe during a snow storm...sure that is what he was really calling for, he never did that before. I called him back and had a brief conversation with him, to find out that him and his ex just broke up the day before...Is he calling me cause he misses me or is he looking for me as a rebound from her...I am really confused because I still love him even though everything we had been through and how much he hurt me...What does everyone else think?

Here is the update:

So yesterday I am home putting away clothes and he calls again.....this time to find out he is coming over my house. He gets here and said he wanted to see me, he hung out with me for like 3 hours or something like that and now I am more confused then ever....I am taking it as what it is but can't help stressing out about it in the same sense. What should I do now, do I call him today or wait til he calls me?

I think you should proceed with caution. Go very slowly with this guy. He has hurt you before and he can do it again so you need to be smart this time around. I say it's no big deal if you call him, but if you are really anxious about it--then let him call you instead. Expecially if he has been wishy washy in the past and you want to see a real effort from him.

Don't give more than you feel comfortable giving--affection ( & sex) I mean. You want to know where he is coming from before you start assuming things right?

He calls you one day after another break-up between him and the ex with the child that he has flitted back to you before. I have one word for that,

REBOUND

hes not thinking of you. hes using you to slave his ego and possibly get back at her. Do not give him an inch. do not trust him. do not be his doormat. How selfsih he is. you deserve better.