Searching for a purpose.

Gunther

It seems I have no purpose. I feel lost and unimportant. Perhaps it is because I do basically nothing all day. I am homeschooled supposedly, this consists of me sitting at my computer surfing the web and watching T.V. Schools it seems are inept to teach me the way I learned. So I quit.

Now it seems I regret this decision, but I can not go back. And even if I did, it would be the same. I'm looking for a purpose, but then so are many I suppose. Has anyone found one yet? Or is this just how it is? How do people make it through each day, and feel like they can do another? Well, thats all I have for the moment, perhaps its just a phase I'm going through, all the same answeres would be appreciated.

Sometimes i feel this way. I'm 24, I quit college when i was 19, and went to a computer school type of thing, to get certifications to get a job. I have a great job, not alot of money, but for me right now it's all i need. This year will be the 5th year of me being there, which i can't believe. Time flys by so fast. work is work, and i know if i don't do something i'm going to be stuck at this level. I don't want to be, I really should be working on bettering myself, and finding my purpose in life, but i don't. I don't know why, maybe because it's real easy not to. I'm trying to break that mentality, and do something more to make life more satisfying, or more rewarding. The truth of it is you can't sit around waiting for things to happen, you have to make them happen. Make them happen now, so you don't get stuck, when it's too late. Now if i could only follow my own advice, i'd be better off.

I'm looking for a purpose, but then so are many I suppose. Has anyone found one yet? Or is this just how it is? How do people make it through each day, and feel like they can do another? Well, thats all I have for the moment, perhaps its just a phase I'm going through, all the same answeres would be appreciated.

I used to worry about this a lot, but then I was inspired by some books I read. I know it sounds weird to be inspired by a few books but, it happened.

These books taught me to stop worrying about making a million dollars, and to stop bending over to marketers. But most importantly, I learned that one failure is not the end of the world.

So now, my purpose is to not worry so much. I think if you stop worrying so much, you'll be happier. So maybe you should go back to school. The teachers may suck, but all high school teachers suck (at least they did at my school). I think you should go back and take advantage of the oppourtunities that high school can offer.

Well I read the post of Virus from a different perspective than VictorWard, I mean I can be a millionarie one day, but who cares? I can give up expecting a 'satisfied life' but again who cares?

I just wanted to say to Virus, your situation about purposelessness is not just related to the decision you have made to quit school. I am attending an university, working hard, meeting people everyday, talking about this and that, and guess what? most of the time I feel the same as you.

Maybe it would be better if we could change small things in our lives. dailiy things, I don't know what it might be for you, but every morning I take a short walk through the forest to the bus station, that makes me feel that my life is a purpose, may be you could try something similar? search for something

I think some of you are missing the point, your quest on life is about answers, the reason i loved college so much cause there was ppl there all the time, a WIDE audience.

I craved to learn, im not sure what i was trying to learn, but i took everyday as finding my little step towards a life goal, or to where i needed to be.

If your out before you go out, you should be like wow, I will learn something to do, something about life.

I think the overal thing, was that i wanted to find myself SOO much, and to do that i think answers and information was in everyone, and any situation, and i kinda knew this. I wanted to find myself soo bad and be this amazin person, and i knew going to college everyday, and talking to ppl it was getting me close to my goal.

I NEVER turned down a chance to go out with ppl there, my opinion is that, wow you will learn something today if you go out, imagine where we would be with just this small piece of information.

Its kidna hard to explain, but im always all ears when people talk, mainly cause i think that life is all about exploration,and everyone is a traveller, i talk to all these travelers to find out what adventures they have been on and the findings they have found, that i have missed so far.

hmm or am i jabbering, its weird how you have it all layed down in your head, but find it hard to get ppl to see it your way with writing

Im not sure, im just curious about life in its self, well im now 22 i was at college when i was 17, im not sure what questions i needed answering, maybe there was questions in everyone and everything that would end up in me being the perfect person to myself, It was always to do with finding myself in someway.

• 1 month later...