I am so smitten with a long distance guy, he is busy.

GirlontheLam

I went to see my long distance crush and had just about the perfect date. Though we didn't call it a date. He pulled out all of the stops to make it a great outing.

Conversation was amazing. He listened to my suggestions. We had common experiences. He shared personal stuff. He talked about meeting important people in his life.

He made a move but didn't. We were sitting close. We kept exchanging that look where we wanted something to happen. But it didn't. We kept looking at each other and smiling. We even took a few photos.

The date ended with him kissing me on the cheek in a close hug.

There were so many moments I wish I could redo - where I was a little bolder about making a move. It felt like he wanted to do more and get closer but it didn't quite happen.

The weekend ended with us hugging a little too long and not wanting to let go.

And at the end I realized we were a great match, but the timing isn't great. He just might be overcommitted and may not have much time for me. But I am just guessing based on his calendar.

So now I just have to wait till he makes his next move. I think that is a visit. I also think he has a plan. And he is working through it. I think he is worth the wait. And so I am.*

*figuratively...I have a busy weekend ahead.

Archived