Talking to a girl I like

Marijn

So there is a girl whom I share a class with. I have a crush on this girl for quite some time now, but I never dared talking to her. Never felt it was the right time to do so, thought I would come off as creepy by talking to her (back then I was pretty sure she didn't know who I was).

However this year, in this class is different, we have to do group discussions, I already had to give a presentation, etc. So she knows who I am, however I still haven't talked to her. I'm not a real talker, have some difficulties making friends. But I do feel that I have the courage now to sit next to her and start a conversation. But I'm not sure how I can start, can I address her by her name (I know her name)? Also in the facebook group of our class she posted a link to an art contest she participates in, can this be a way to start a conversation with her, by giving her a compliment on her paintings, and start talking on that subject? Or is this a bad idea (I don't have her on facebook as a friend, she is just in the same group as I am).

See the thing is, I don't know how to start a conversation with someone I don't really know that well, but it's all about getting to know her. I don't talk much, but I can make conversation once the ball gets rolling, so I'm hoping for tips on how to break the ice.

Kind regards,

Marijn

Op, I think the first step is to get you some confidence. How old are you? Women like confidence. So, we need to get you comfortable. My thought is I want you to go out and walk up to five random girls and find a way to start a conversation. See if you can sustain it or find ways to comment on things you see in the surroundings. She is riding a bike or looking at flowers. You need practice and to prove to yourself you can do it.

You could be more casual about the art comment. Is there a way you may have seen it other than Facebook. Perhaps, she has some showing somewhere or you might heard it some other way. And could you use the project to talk to her more. Spend time with her working on the group work and then gives you a chance to build a relationship and get to asking her out for coffee.

I will tell something my mother told me that is the best advice I have ever been told, " the worst thing someone can tell you is no."

Time for you man up and get going. Otherwise, you will be watching her walk away and you will wonder if you had a chance and lost it.

Good luck! You can do this!

Hey thanks for help. I might have a problem with my confidence, however I have no trouble giving presentations in front of a large crowd, etc. But yea it's a different way of interacting with people.

About the art thing, she is a member of our faculty's presidium (it's a contest between our school faculties). So she didn't posted her art, she just posted a link to the contest saying 8 members of our faculty participate in the contest, and if people were interested, they could still join. So she wasn't making any publicity for her art, just making people aware of the contest. I just visited the site and saw that she was one of the participants. I felt like it was a good way of starting a conversation, but I'm not really sure.

Archived