falsely accused of having offensive odor

Then go to your manager and tell him you feel like going to the director and do what will make you feel better. Let us know how it goes. Maybe your manager will make you feel better and you won't have to feel embarrassed nor will there be a need to go to the Director.

So then you'd need to embarrass yourself to one more person, which makes no sense. Nobody involved believes that you are the problem, so demonstrating your own insecurities is not smart. The problem will self correct, because if the complainer complains again, they'll move her out the door.

Allow this stuff to play out the way it's intended. The HR person already told you that they know she's the problem. Otherwise, they would not have identified the complainer, and they would have been strong with you about hygiene. Compare those two scenarios and be confident that you are merely roped into playing and unfortunate part in allowing this woman to get herself fired.

Leave it alone, and head high.

What she does is smart to her simply because if she learns from it, then she is all that much more smart. People here are telling her to ignore but she's disputing every post. That means its time she did what she wants to do anyway and whether or not it embarrasses her to go to her manager (the person who actually told her of the complaint) is yet to be determined. I'd think that it would not since she was quite willing to go to the company Director in order to clarify and give her side of the story.

I most often tell the person to do exactly what they came here to hear when they are not taking the advice they are receiving on board and learn from their actions. After all: You can lead a horse to water but you can't make her drink.

Thanks. I'm trying it's just that I'm still kinda shocked and embarrassed. Even though I know it's not true I don't want to be associated as a bad smelling person. It is funny in a way I was laughing about it after my manager told me.
Thank you guys for all the advices. It's just that this situation kind of ruined my weekend. I was just feeling down about it and embarrassed.

Op: Maybe if you can resign yourself to the fact that it was just the vanilla scent that was the offending order you can get past your embarrassment since it wasn't you but an artificial smell. Lots of people are allergic to scents. Vanilla scent actually nauseates me so perhaps that was the culprit.

Cheers.

Archived