More cuts than normal?

It just depends on the person. I do more sometimes. Sometimes less. Depends on what I need right then. Lot of it depends on how bad her cuts are. If they are smaller scratches, or medium, I don't think that is that much. If she does 6 inches and almost needing stitches deep, then yeh worry.

Just try talking to her, about her reasons for cutting. If it is something she needs to do for now, then thats ok. She will stop, when she is ready.

Theres isnt really such a thing as "excessiveness" of cutting, if your doing it to cope, then you do as much as you need to calm your feelings or depression, it trully depends on the person..

i usually just cut at my left wrist, a line perpendicular to the arm, and just go over the same mark (i dont want others seeing it), and i always wear a watch or wristband to cover it, if i did it in the arms, it would mean i wouldnt be able to wear tshirts, and hey.. this way i might just 'slip' one day, "chance" as they call it.

Anyway, its good that you two know of each other self harming, you should really try to talk to each other about your problems rather than cutting to try and make it go away.. self harming is just like closing the door to keep out a tank.. it helps for a while, but some day the tank's just going to drive right through that door.. talking can help much more, and can also make you feel better as you are helping a friend through a tough time.

Take care,

gunblade

PS: just noticed how late the reply was.. sorry about that, been away for a while..

That is excessive and sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway its really weird that human beings have the mind and will to injure themselves. LIke we have reached a level of "intelligence" far above any animals, and we use that intelligence (in part) to kill ourselves. Like no animal kills itself....no animal deliberately mutilates itself....i don't know thats just my random thoughts...

But then again drahcir, with intelligence and knowledge comes others problems, such as consciousness of pain and hurt around the world..

Animals dont worry about problems in the world, they dont have to deal with relationships, with (funnily enough) suicide, death, etc.. Yes, their family might die, but it doesnt hurt them like it does a human (or at least as far as we know..).

Self harming and suicide has nothing to do with intelligence.

For me when I was at my lowest 30-40 cuts was a daily accurance. Now 5 seems obsessive. It depends on how low you are and how good you are at keeping your emotions in check. I think 20 means your really really low. But it sounds like they might be shallow since if they were deep she'd of bleed to death by now right?

Depends on the person, but of course a doctor would say it's obsessive... he wants you to stop... I think if it's that bad it needs cutting down...

I had too. It's hard but to think my arms are gonna be less damaged than they would be if I allowed myself to selfharm every time I wanted to... I wouldn't even be able to go to college... I'd get kicked out. Talk together, having someone to talk to helps..

Good luck,

~S.

wow that's a lot! I imagine they´re superficial otherwise you'd pass out from blood lost, well compared to my cutting it does seem excesive, I mean I can cut up to 3 times a day(1-3 cuts each time) then stop altoghether for a week and then start again, but 16-20? at one go? that's, jeez, where do you cut anyway? how can anyone not notice the scars?

Mine tend to be supificial especially when I cut my wrists. But 10 cuts in a go is the regular. Sometimes one or 2 will be deep. Sometimes they will vairy. But it still doesn't look very nice.

~S.

you really need to work on that, that sounds dangerous. wrists and cutting deep is very very dangerous. please if you must cut, at least cut somewhere more safe. but try to quit, i have completely faith in you. we're all here if you need us. take care