Just Friends

I don't see a problem with it...I've done that before and didn't consider them dates. I don't think going to a movie or having dinner should carry with it any expectations of romantic overtones on the part of either person. Of course, it's easier to avoid any complications if you only do this at a point when you are already pretty good friends with the person so its clear that it isn't a date.

i have female friends that i do this with but you got to be careful because the other person may start to fall for you...or you may start to fall for them. if there is any attraction at all there its natural to start feeling closer to the person if you spend a lot of time with them. the last 2 girls i dated were real good friends first..and things just kinda happened...seems to happen a lot

I don't see a problem with it...I've done that before and didn't consider them dates. I don't think going to a movie or having dinner should carry with it any expectations of romantic overtones on the part of either person. Of course, it's easier to avoid any complications if you only do this at a point when you are already pretty good friends with the person so its clear that it isn't a date.

See, this is why girls always wonder why guys are interested in them when the girl just considers him a friend... I call this "pseudo-dating" because the guy thinks he's going on dates (yes, that's what it is regardless of friend or not when you go out one-on-one with a guy that is also single) and the girl has no intention of ever being in a relationship with him. She might think it's clear and obvious, but to him it's a girl he likes that is spending 1-on-1 time with him. I do agree that once there is a solid friendship and no interest on either side that 1-on-1's can happen without being a date.

If you know it is strictly platonic, then it's okay. But if you're dating someone and you know your friend likes you, I'd say don't go on 'dates' with that person. I'd have a problem with my bf going out with a girl by themselves, though. If you're single, it doesn't matter. But if you're taken, you have to remember your partner's feelings.