I'm 29She's 42 Age shouldn't be an issue in any relationship

I have been reading all of these posts with everyone worrying about age when the difference is only like 2-4 years. When you are in your teens is about the only time that it really matters. The woman I am with is 13 years older than I am, but you would never know it to hang around us. I feel like age is only an issue if you make it an issue. When you are with someone who you are compatible with and like being with or even love, then why should age even be an issue? To me, age difference is an excuse that so many people use who have other reasons for not wanting to be in the relationship. I have always been with older women and the "age" only comes up in the beginning when we first meet, but if two people truly like being with each other and spending time with one another, age is never relevant. I just can't believe it when I'm reading posts where people are saying that they are 23 and the other is 25 or 26, will it work. No matter what the age, it will only work if you want it to work. Don't use age as an excuse for being unsure in a relationship. If you're asking if age is going to be an issue, then you're probably not ready to be in that relationship.

as Aaliyah said: "age aint nothing but a number"

its all about maturity levels...but in most cases id find it crazy if a person is in there teens (even a 'mature' 15-17) & with like a 25 year old.....at this point an age difference indicates what will make them happy & what kind of relationship will fulfill them at that point of time & thats where the age issues come into play.

but when youre 95 & he/she's 85 ha it really becomes more of a race than anything. lol

-DG724

I totally agree with you on this. What comes to mind now though is a lady who when she was 26, married an 18 year old guy. The marriage lasted a year. Why she was interested in someone soooo her junior, no one could figure. It's sad that it didn't last, but still this maynot be because of age.

Age has little bearing when it gets into mid 20's and on. It's a matter of stage of life, you know, where someone is at at the time of the relationship. Compatibility can also be developed depending to the degree the couple has desire for one another. That's my opinion though. Some people want to be together, have the desire, but compatibility just doesn't happen.

And age had nothing to do with any of it....

11Flower

I think age is an issue in the teens. I don't agree with a 15 year old dating a 24 year old, no matter how mature they are. But, I think once you're about 18,19 and up, it really doesn't matter if you're dating someone older.

I only foresee a problem when their in their teens for example, a 22 year old into 14 year olds..........., but I see what you're saying.

I think the older you get, the less age can be a factor. And, at most ages, a 1-3 year age difference usually doesn't make that much difference, except maybe when it's early teens and an older person... There, though, like what's been said here, is more of a maturity thing than anything else.

In my experience, age isn't necessarily the issue so much as how mature the person is at that age... I've known some very immature people who are in their 30's, and some very mature people in their late teens... It seems that if a younger person has had a rough life, they tend to mature quicker than others... Now, that's just my observation from experience (don't beat me too hard!).