FWB has feelings for me

GirlontheLam

Long story but i will try to be brief.

A year ago i met a guy. We went out 2-3 times and had great chemistry but I soon realized he wasn't relationship material for me for several reasons: level of ambition, location and role he wanted to play in relationships. Honestly, we did have fun together but he was very wrong on multiple levels.

He said he didn't want a relationship and. Wasn't available for one but wanted to "hang out" aka become friends with benefits. This seemed reasonably logical to me and we continued this way for a few weeks. I saw him every 2-3 weeks.

Not long after this conversation his behavior changed. He started to call me daily. He always wanted to talk. He started using future speak. He decided he wanted to be in a relationship with me on his terms. I said no for the aforementioned reasons.

I did not talk to him much after the relationship request. Fast forward a couple of months, he wants to meet up for coffee to catch up. He wants to resume FWB.

But his behavior started to mirror that boyfriendy behavior. We went out a few weeks ago and the next day i get a text that he misses me. He starts using pet names more. Tells me he feels connected. I talked to him 1-2x a week over the next couple weeks and he wanted to come over this weekend.

He came over and our typical pattern resumes. We chat, debate and have sex. But this time around, he tells me he loves me several times. He also starts to ask what it would take for me to be in a relationship with him and behaviors that signal serious relationship.

I am very puzzled as i thought i was clear that i was not looking fora relationship with him, yet he wants to change.

What to do now?

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

If I were you, I would not talk to him. You made it clear that you don't want a relationship but he is keep pursuing. I would ask him one more time to make it clear (if you still want him as a friend with benefits), and if he does not get it, I will ask him to leave immediately.

Archived