Lack of interest

I don't know what to call it sometimes but to me it seems like I get down sometimes, bored and just don't know what to talk about. I don't understand how my girlfriend can call me all the time and always have things to talk about. I guess I just don't have that much to talk about sometimes. I don't know if it is normal for me to not want to give her a call because I know that there isn't much to talk about, so what is the point. I was wondering if someone could explain to me why I am not that good at finding things to talk about and she seems to have no problem.

Here are some questions to ask yourself:

- Do you ever find an interest in anything? Anything at all?

- Are you able to talk with anybody other than your girlfriend?

- Do you think it could be depression or maybe just a slump?

Sometimes people have different opinions of what is interesting and what is not, which can make it difficult to ever really feel "connected" with another person.

There are some people who love to talk about everything from what they saw on tv last night to what they ate for breakfast and why.

There are others who just like to be casual and talk when something interesting happens. But there is nothing wrong with either one.

It sounds as though she's trying to share a lot about herself and trying to get you to open up. If you want to get into a good discussion, next time she calls you tell her what interests you and talk about that.

Dating is all about getting to know someone personally, so don't be afraid to talk about past experiences, people you've met, places you've been, etc. Or if you're not ready to delve into that just yet, some good topics to start on are: Movies, sports, music, television, books, traveling, current events, restaurants, etc. That should get some good conversations rolling.

Good luck!